X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow four of us allergic to the drug?

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      I would hope so, seeing as she's married to him.
      (Didn't know that).

But now I'm confused, I'd never be that considerate to my wife
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
      Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
        So what happens now? Is there a special cleaning service to "de-smelll" the room? What has to be done?
        I believe it's called a "deep clean". I don't know precisely what it entails, but it's more than just a duster and a vacuum.

Comment

Update:

So apparently it goes much much further than the bit of trouble I had with them. My agent informed me that they had a domestic disturbance last night that was so bad the woman was curled up in a fetal position in the corner of the room.

He was raving about how the woman had stolen his money and his stuff, then they both started screaming that the other person had stolen the other persons money and stuff.

They were wildly drunk with multiple hand grenade glasses strewn around the room. If you don't know what a hand grenade is, it's a VERY strong alcoholic drink. One of my husbands friends girlfriends got alcohol poisoning from drinking more than one.

So rather than call us at home, the clerk gave them a warning that they needed to knock it off or she was calling the police. And, when she did so, the man threw something at my agent. Which you would think would mean the agent would have kicked them out but she didn't. Instead, she let them stay.

They called here twice today to try to get their money back.

HELL NO they aren't getting their money back. Not after what our agent just told us.

And the agent now has standing orders not to try to deal with these things herself for the sake of her own safety. She needs to call the GM and the police.

Now there's more to the story than this but it's the closest I can remember.

The front desk has standing orders that they are to call the police if they come back on property.

Yes, its a deep clean. Means we bring in the steam cleaner and clean everything including walls. It was off market until it dried. Hoping it will be good enough tonight because we have been sold out for three weeks.

So nice to know I'm not the only one allergic to pot. I keep getting told that I'm lying every time I say it. My response is "it's a plant, of course it's possible to be allergic. People are allergic to regular grass, roses, etc too".
          Last edited by Moirae; 11-07-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
            So nice to know I'm not the only one allergic to pot. I keep getting told that I'm lying every time I say it. My response is "it's a plant, of course it's possible to be allergic. People are allergic to regular grass, roses, etc too".
            You can be allergic to pretty much anything on this planet. Just because your listeners have never heard of a marijuana allergy does not mean that it does not exist; that's an awfully narrow-minded view.

As for the couple, boy howdy, what a couple of winners there. They deserve each other (and a padded cell and matching his-and-hers lobotomies), but I sure hope they never have any kids. Shame you had to end up seriously sick and your company inconvenienced because those two idiots couldn't behave themselves on someone else's property.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm allergic to bananas. It's a minor allergy, to be sure (just a minor throat irritation, no epi-pen or EMTs needed), but I have only ever met two other people with that allergy.

Luckily for me, it is my only food allergy.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I'm allergic to bananas. It's a minor allergy, to be sure (just a minor throat irritation, no epi-pen or EMTs needed), but I have only ever met two other people with that allergy.
                I'm allergic to bananas, too. As well as latex, Neosporin, certain antiperspirants and sulfa drugs. Some folks have never heard of some of those allergies, either.
                Last edited by XCashier; 11-08-2013, 01:04 AM.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I get irritated with people who deny that a particular allergy can exist. Humans can develop allergies to pretty much anything.

I have a severe allergy to tomatoes. Two epi-pens 5 minutes apart buys enough time for rescue to get to me. Last time I had a reaction I wound up on a vent for several hours. Still, my mother remarked that the restaurant manager seemed incredulous that I could be allergic to tomatoes and insisted that it had to be something else. Nope. I've been tested. I'm also allergic to eggplant, but it's not nearly as bad according to the doc. I hate eggplant, so I really don't know.

I also seem to be developing some sort of reaction to latex. This is a very bad thing. I'm not sure if it's an allergy, but I do plan on going back to my allergist as soon as my insurance company says I can.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

A former coworker of mine had a severe allergy to latex. The story of how she discovered this allergy is hilarious. Severely embarrassing to her and her boyfriend-at-the-time, but hilarious to her family.

Let's just say they all know when her first time was.....

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      Wow four of us allergic to the drug?
                      Count me in as another. Nothing as serious as some of you, but my throat does begin to close up and I've learned to vacate the premises before it gets worse. It was really tricky during the semester I studied in Berlin, where it seemed like half of the other residents in the student home smoked every evening. I got used to taking a walk during sunset.
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I don't know if I'm flat out allergic to it but I do get headaches from being around it if it's strong enough. Which sucks because I work in a small police department because if some gets put in the evidence locker I can sometimes smell it from my desk.

I am however allergic to peppermint oil though not peppermint. Every so often the nurses I deal with seem very amused about that one.
                        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                          I also seem to be developing some sort of reaction to latex. This is a very bad thing. I'm not sure if it's an allergy, but I do plan on going back to my allergist as soon as my insurance company says I can.
                          That's not as bad a thing as it used to be. The vast majority of medical kit supplied (in the UK at least) is now latex free - everything on my vehicle is latex free, and labelled as such as is everything in ED.

The gf has an allergy to raw chilies but can happily chow down on cooked ones. I can only assume the cooking process destroys the allergen she has a problem with.
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                            The gf has an allergy to raw chilies but can happily chow down on cooked ones. I can only assume the cooking process destroys the allergen she has a problem with.
                            I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest it's not an allergy, but an intolerance, just as my parents in their older age have developed an intolerance for garlic, though they can eat stuff that's been infused with it. Just as I have an intolerance for caffeine. I'm not allergic, per se, but my body really doesn't like it, or process it well.

In the case of your girlfriend, I'm thinking it's the heat of the raw peppers that causes her body issues, but their heat do go down when cooked, often severely, just as onions and garlic get sweeter and less pungent when cooked.

Just my thoughts on the matter. But as always, I reserve the right to be completely and horribly wrong.

Still A Customer."

Comment

As far as I know I don't have any allergies, except for something that makes my hands swell up and go hot - a Piriton as soon as symptoms start stops it. I only get it when I'm with my mother, and she's switched perfume several times, but it still occasionally happens. It's little more than an annoyance really, but it is a mystery O.o
                              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest it's not an allergy, but an intolerance, just as my parents in their older age have developed an intolerance for garlic, though they can eat stuff that's been infused with it. Just as I have an intolerance for caffeine. I'm not allergic, per se, but my body really doesn't like it, or process it well.
                                It's an allergy. Hives, swelling lips and tongue = allergy. As someone who's awaiting their paramedic registration I can recognise an allergy over an intolerance
                                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                                X