Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your donation is not in excellent condition...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your donation is not in excellent condition...

... if it's a donated suitcase that is in 'excellent condition apart from the missing wheel'

Sigh....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

"But in my day suitcases didn't have wheels! It was made for holding clothes and it does that!"
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Card table for sale. Top badly damaged, leg missing, otherwise fine. One dollar or best offer.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        "But in my day suitcases didn't have wheels! It was made for holding clothes and it does that!"
        "Luxury! We only had garbage bags to put our clothes in! And not the nice clean new ones with the built-in handles, either! We had to dump out the trash in the bin and then put our clothes in the bags!"
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          "Luxury! We only had garbage bags to put our clothes in! And not the nice clean new ones with the built-in handles, either! We had to dump out the trash in the bin and then put our clothes in the bags!"
          How nice that must have been. We had to put on multiple layers of clothes and wear them to where ever we were going.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            How nice that must have been. We had to put on multiple layers of clothes and wear them to where ever we were going.
            OooOOOOooo, look at Richie Rich, 'ere, wit' the multiple sets of clothes! We each got one set, handed down to us from sibling to sibling ~ and Heaven help ye if you were twins! Ye still only got one set, and had to alternate days goin' out instead of staying home wrapped in an old sheet as you did chores for the both of ye!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              OooOOOOooo, look at Richie Rich, 'ere, wit' the multiple sets of clothes! We each got one set, handed down to us from sibling to sibling ~ and Heaven help ye if you were twins! Ye still only got one set, and had to alternate days goin' out instead of staying home wrapped in an old sheet as you did chores for the both of ye!
              CLOTHES? You had CLOTHES? We only got a loincloth. In the winter, Santa might bring us a burlap sack. And we counted ourselves lucky, our parents wore leaves. Often of Poison Ivy plants.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                CLOTHES? You had CLOTHES? We only got a loincloth. In the winter, Santa might bring us a burlap sack. And we counted ourselves lucky, our parents wore leaves. Often of Poison Ivy plants.
                A loincloth? Luxury! We were lucky to have a roll of paper towels once a month between the twelve of us!

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
                  A loincloth? Luxury! We were lucky to have a roll of paper towels once a month between the twelve of us!
                  A whole roll? Pah, you don't know what it's like to really struggle.

There were a hundred and seventeen of us all sharing a single sheet of toilet paper, one of those scratchy one-ply ones. We'd all have to go out at once in single file, taking turns at the front to use the square of paper.
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

All my great-great-...-great grandparents had was a fig leaf between them, and it was wilted and worm-eaten.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      All my great-great-...-great grandparents had was a fig leaf between them, and it was wilted and worm-eaten.
                      They had it good! When my great-grandfather came to this country, the only thing he could afford to wear was a tumbleweed!

Comment

Youse guys and your luxurious vegetation. Back in the day, we had PEBBLES, and we had to nick 'em at that.

Comment

Pebbles?!? Faugh. We only had sand and snow, and we had to fight off the coyotes and yeti for access to the dumping pit when we had to go! Had to trudge uphill both ways in the snow in the middle of summer to do it. And WE WERE GRATEFUL!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Pebbles?!? Faugh. We only had sand and snow, and we had to fight off the coyotes and yeti for access to the dumping pit when we had to go! Had to trudge uphill both ways in the snow in the middle of summer to do it. And WE WERE GRATEFUL!
                            Snow? SNOW!? That woulda been a blessed relief from the baking hot sun and stone, far as the eye could see! It was a good day if we got a breeze.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

A breeze!!There were a hundred and fifteen of us crammed into something the side of a matchbox. First ones up got the oxygen. If tha didn't get up early tha didn't get to breathe that day... you were lucky if someone shared their air with you..we didnt take it for granted..we were glad just to be alive!!
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X