Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete insanity. (Language. Lots of it.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth spark View Post
    I've done a sorta fizzgig already. It was fun. http://www.sparkcostumes.com/gallery...bum=106&pos=77

Also the plush has found a buyer! It wasn't even 24 hours from dillweed there deciding it wasn't good enough for him to somebody picking it up, actually. (And Ellf, it was $300. My little plushes are more affordable, but the larger ones do cost some dough.)
    SQUUUEEEEE!!! That would be so cute to have!!!

And glad the stuffy found a home.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Wow Spark! You're amazing! I've always wanted to get back into sewing and the like. Did you teach your self? Or did you do a class of some kind? I love your work! If I could afford it I'd be buying plushies off you for my son!
      I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Those are awesome, you do such a great job and anyone can tell how hard you work on them. I'm with you, tell that guy to f**k off.

Comment

Quoth Binky View Post
          Wow Spark! You're amazing! I've always wanted to get back into sewing and the like. Did you teach your self? Or did you do a class of some kind? I love your work! If I could afford it I'd be buying plushies off you for my son!
          Thank you. (And thanks to everybody who's complimented my work here, it really makes my day!)

I'm nearly entirely self-taught. I took a beginning costuming class when I was in college, where I learned a little bit about using a sewing machine, and a bit about fitting costumes to people (drafting a sloper = most useful thing ever for costumes) but that's all the teaching I've had, so my plush work is entirely self-taught.

I cheat though. Not always, but many of my patterns were made using a paper and tape dummy. I can share how that works if anybody's interested, it's WAY easy, at least to get started with basic 3d shapes.
          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth Ellf View Post
            Phew... way out of my price range, but I guess that's what you pay for quality.
            Yeah. but you can always talk to her about smaller less expensive stuff...and in the meantime, if you plan to get one, just set aside five or maybe ten bucks every month somewhere safe; sooner or later you'll have enough, and it will never have been a strain along the way. I'm thinking about getting a small one, so that's what I'm doing
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Yeah. but you can always talk to her about smaller less expensive stuff
              I start at five whole bucks, for finger puppets, so the pricing of things does vary quite a bit. I find it's good to have things at a wide range of price points. I've even finally thought of something I can do for $1! I just need to actually make some now and make sure I really can make them fast enough...
              The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Comment

My thought on the $1 thing was done a long time ago..pencil cozies.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sooo cute...I'm not even into Pokemon and I think they're just adorable!
                  "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                  - H. Beam Piper

Comment

That leafeon was adorable! WTF was that SC smoking, anyhow?
                    I'm glad it found a home, hopefully with somebody who will appreciate it more.
                    Spark, your plushes are amazing, and I say this as another costumer/leatherworker/ designer.
                    In fact, I was actually at one point thinking of asking if you would be able to do a life-size Peregrine falcon plush, One of the NYC skyscrapers I want to cosplay as has its own falcon nest, and a realistic plush would be such a great prop! Unfortunately I can't do that right now, but it's something I'm keeping in mind.

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
                      I can share how that works if anybody's interested, it's WAY easy, at least to get started with basic 3d shapes.
                      You're very welcome! And I wouldn't mind knowing. I don't know when I'll get the chance to use it (what with the new bub and all) but I never turn down learning something new
                      I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Well, it's not exactly a secret, so I'll just put it out here.

What I do is I make a dummy in the shape I want the plush, from wadded up newspaper and tape. Here's the dummy I used for these 'eon plushes, for example: http://www.sparkcostumes.com/gallery...s/DSCN0683.JPG

You only have to make half the limbs, if you're making a symmetrical design. Then you cover the dummy in a layer of saran wrap, and then in a layer of duct tape. Peel that off, and you have a "skin" shaped like your fabric should be. Then it's just a matter of cutting it up until it lies flat, and you have an instant pattern! It works for all kinds of things.

Comment

They look adorable. And so does your kitty.

Love the plushies. The Flareon is awesome.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

wow that's so easy! Thanx!!!!! I've got to try this out when I get that MAGIC thing called time again!

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                              Leafeon vs LOLcat

FIGHT!
                              LOLcat uses Can Haz Cheeseburger?

Leafeon is confused

LOLcat uses KTHXBYE

Leafeon is defeated!

This post needs more love. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.

Comment

Beautiful set! Love them! And they are very obviously the same pattern. Jerk doesn't appreciate talent!
                                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                                X