This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-D Printer users taking medical needs into their own hands in Italy

A group of folks are asking for people with 3D printers and/or design experience to come together (online) to help 3D-print medical supplies, such as valves, that are needed by hospitals in Italy.

https://www.3dprintingmedia.network/...mation-device/

LEGAL NOTE -- The patent holders are allowing a temporary license to hospitals to either print the devices themselves, or to have others print them on the hospitals' behalf. Please do not just go and look up the STL files and do it yourself without going through this organization.

EDIT:

Aaaaaaaaaand an update since I posted this. Apparently, everyone involved had been told (by the hospitals, I believe) that arrangements had been made to allow the hospital a temporary exemption to the patent. It seems that the usual manufacturer (who, again, was not getting them made nor delivered) disagreed, and has threatened to sue. Not a wise choice at such a time, methinks, though it is still one of those things that a patent holder is technically obliged to do in such a situation. Hopefully they can get things arranged so that they can make this happen. https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/17/2...ves-treatments
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Prusa in Prague are calling for worthwhile projects for 3d-printers all over the world. They are printing face shields for medical staff in their own printer farm, but would like other ideas

Comment

Thanks! I'll spread the word.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X