This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    Though, as an update, I have finally brought myself to actually see how he left the room and... well...
    Wait... this is all recent?!
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Girl, see if you can have him charged with vandalism.

Comment

Quoth Kittykat View Post
        Girl, see if you can have him charged with vandalism.
        It won't happen. The cops will see it as a roommate dispute and call it a civil matter.

Smileyeagle could try small claims court, if he wanted to bother. Might be more hassle than it's worth. He could rent a carpet shampooer (Rug Doctor or other brand) for $25 at the grocery, get the cleaner, and clean the carpets in the whole apartment fairly cheaply. Most of what I see is just trash; the rest sounds fairly cosmetic. A big pain in the ass, and if ex-roomie wants to crash there a solid "Not only no but FUCK no!" is in order.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          Smileyeagle could try small claims court, if he wanted to bother. Might be more hassle than it's worth.
          Unless Smiley were to get on one of those small-claims court shows like Judge Judy--the honorium will be about the only way that he would see payment. I wish I could recall the commentator, but one likened a judgement to a fishing license: no guarantee that you will land a bass, but you have the legal right to try.
          Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          He could rent a carpet shampooer (Rug Doctor or other brand) for $25 at the grocery, get the cleaner, and clean the carpets in the whole apartment fairly cheaply. Most of what I see is just trash; the rest sounds fairly cosmetic.
          Even the excrement on the walls is at least cleanable, with a lot of soap and elbow greese. A serious PITA, but at least there are no burns from crack activity. (Yes I speak from experience there).
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
            Wait... this is all recent?!
            This is all since the last week of March... he had been living with us since December, but the landlord put the fear of God into him prior to our annual lease renewal inspection by pointing out that his sublet allowed her to evict just him if she so desired without it having any impact on the rest of us... other than our shares of rent going up, so he cleaned it up fairly well for that. Most of that actually though has been the last month... things really went down hill as soon as he got a PS4 and decided that his games were more important that work, sleep, food, hygiene (not that it was ever that high on his list of important things to do), and cleaning (again, not that it was a very high priority when the landlord wasn't putting the fear of God into him).
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

UPDATE

Okay, so I have heard from the people that my wonderful former roommate is living with right now.
              To date he has applied for approximately zero jobs.
              He is convinced that he is earning his room and board by working as a full time live in dog sitter for them.
              Oh, and apparently this dog sitting also entitles him to not have to do any cleaning around the house.
              Did I mention what he considers dog sitting is to play PS3 and Xbox all day and occasionally pause to take the dogs out to do their business... this is usually when he takes a smoke break anyway.
              I give it two weeks at most before they show him the door as well.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                ... a full time live in dog sitter ...
                So he's a pooch co-taytoe?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X