X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

op: yes!!!! i love the karma!
    Quoth Seshat View Post
    You may also find that travel sickness pills, or ginger in almost any form, is helpful for reducing nausea.
    My tummy tends to settle if supplied with ginger tablets, ginger sodas or other ginger drinks, or even just a little bit of ginger to chew on. Note that 'ginger to chew on' has a VERY strong flavour, and is an acquired taste. In a pinch, brew a tea with boiling water and any sort of cooking ginger (I used crushed ginger from a jar).
    i must be the only person on earth who gets nausea/vomits when ingesting ginger. I just cant stomach it straight. now mixed with lemon grass or nutmeg and in my food i can handle as long as it is a small amount. Ginger ale is a sure fire way to get me hugging the toilet.

Comment

Again, apologies for your sickness but kudos to almost perfect karma!

One hopes this female dog learned her lesson from this, but somehow I doubt it...

Comment

What an absolutely perfect lesson in Why You Shouldn't Be An Asshole 101. Let's hope this self-centered bitch learns well.

Further hope for a speedy and thorough healing for you.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes, everybody. Though, to be honest, the situation isn't that bad - at least, not in comparison to how septic I was and the fact that I could have lost my foot completely if it had been only a little worse. As it is, I only lost the big toe on my right foot.

With the surgery complete, the doctors felt it was okay to send me home, but I still needed the heavy-duty antibiotic via IV, so the arrangement was a PICC line combined with daily visits to the hospital. The doctor (who is awesome, by the way) feels the PICC line can come out next week and I can then go to an older, sulfa-based oral antibiotic instead, which should not be as hard on my gut.

They've also put me on medication for diabetes (part of the problem the infection got out of hand so rapidly) and hypertension. The Atenolol has a known side effect of dizziness, and that coupled with the loss of the toe makes walking a bit difficult. I'm managing; for the most part I can get around well enough, albeit slowly. The big issue is the dizziness, which does pop up if I'm on my feet too long or if I exert myself. I really was kind of pushing my luck with a grocery store visit, but hey, Mother Hubbard 's cupboards weren't THAT bare.

As for Matilda the Hun, she reacted predictably to the situation - with lots of shrieking, four-letter invective, and an attempt to blame me for the whole thing. I was too busy with the subsequent heaves to take any satisfaction in her self-inflicted misfortune.

She vanished quickly after a couple of the store staff (one of whom, I think, was a manager) showed up. I'm not even exactly sure HOW she left - just that at some point I suddenly realized she wasn't there.

Comment

Now that is why I told a CW never to argue about bathroom access.
            It couldn't happen to a nicer person--the blocker that is
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Thankfully vomit is alot easier and quicker to clean up now these days....thanks to the magic of that sawdust/powdery type of stuff. I had to clean up once when someones small child got sick in our store. Whoever invented that stuff should be a millionaire by now....they certainly deserve it.

Comment

Op, I certainly wish you well in recuperating, sorry this happened to you.

Matilda the Hun deserved what she got, however, and I would pay good money to be there with a video camera.

Comment

Instant Karma's gonna get you/Gonna knock you right in the head!

or ginger in almost any form,
                  My mom swears by Canada Dry Ginger Ale for tummy aches.
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                    Instant Karma's gonna get you/Gonna knock you right in the head!

My mom swears by Canada Dry Ginger Ale for tummy aches.
                    I prefer Cherry 7-Up myself when my Kidney stones decide to attack me. The carbonation may not be the best answer BUT it does help with the tummy and the nasty aftertaste when I have to hang 10 over the porcilian temple. Worked for me for the last 28 years or so.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
                      Thankfully vomit is alot easier and quicker to clean up now these days....thanks to the magic of that sawdust/powdery type of stuff. I had to clean up once when someones small child got sick in our store. Whoever invented that stuff should be a millionaire by now....they certainly deserve it.
                      Well, I imagine it's been around a very long time. I mean, sawdust has been around as long as we've been using wood to build things, which is millenia. I don't think that stuff is real sawdust anymore, but I imagine it was at one time. So I think whoever invented it has probably been dead for a LONG time.

Comment

Peppermint tea for nausea; arrowroot for the opposite end. Simple folk remedies, but effective enough for many purposes.

Comment

Did you post this on Reddit? I saw an identical story on there the other day.

Comment

Wow, I freaking HATE people like that woman, I have ZERO sympathy for her.

Seriously, I just don't get what possesses people to act like such raging cunts.
                            No, wait. She's not a cunt- cunts are fun and useful. She is neither.

Comment

Serves bathroom-blocker woman right. O.o Seriously, what the hell kinda person does that?

Also, I've found that fennel is really good for stomach issues (of which I have quite a few myself).
                              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Strange, if I was the staff, I would have had two on 'the Hun' and one one you, to see if you were OK (and to keep anyone from crossing a 'bio-hazard' zone). Of course, if they were short staffed and "Crazy-Linebacker-Wannabe" was being far more difficult then expected, then they would have their hands full.

Best part, you can have assault charges filed against that crazy person if she tracks you down to sue.

Hope you feel better soon, even light Antibiotics have always been murder on me. I do not want to even imagine the powerful stuff.
                                I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X