• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wagegoth View Post
    a reason that's universally illegal in public
    Not universally.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
      They planted a cedar tree next to a stop sign? I guess they didn't want the stop sign to get eaten by moths.
      The lady who planted the cedar was loony enough that it could have been possible. She was nuttier than squirrel poop and would yet at people for the slightest "infraction." That is "infraction" in her imaginary world. People walking on the road (no sidewalks), cars passing her house, the mail carrier delivering mail but parked their vehicle further away from her house (because of said corner).

I know she fought having that tree cut down, and bitched non-stop at the guys who did the job.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
        I know she fought having that tree cut down, and bitched non-stop at the guys who did the job.
        She's lucky that the tree removal order was prompted by a challenged ticket, rather than an accident caused by someone not seeing (and therefore running) the sign. If that had happened, depending on the severity, she could have faced anything from a lawsuit to jail time.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yes, she was very, very lucky, because that intersection already had a record for wrecks due to people being very, very stupid. Neighbors had complained about the tree for months, but nothing had been done, probably because crazy-cakes would just verbally run over whomever called her. She honestly thought the right of way was HERS to do with as she pleased, everyone else be damned.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Yeah you better have some good proof of that whole bush hiding the sign thing or else the judge is gonna roll his/her eyes and be all like "not the oldest trick in the book AGAIN..." Trust me on that one.

Comment

THe sign was very vague. I checked again and there was more. It said, Must not leave premises. Which I didn't. I guess it meant must not leave the lot, and the lot was next to some strip mall, so I guess the lot was for some businesses in the strip mall, though it didn't say which, and the rest who knows. If I had my camera I would've shown the guy a pic of it in the bush, which, BTW, was not some knee high puny little thing, it was the King of all Bushes, bigger than me and I'm 5'7. I did show him the cuts and scratches I got from pawing thru the thing, and he had this hang dog expression like, "So?" The day after that, I had more business up the street from that lot, and guess what I see? More ambigious signs! I made sure to paw thru every bush to check for hidden signs and ask the receptionist a million times if I was allowed to park there. She must've thought I was crazy, but I was 75% sure my car would be taken! It wasn't, phew.
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

If the bush is still there, take pictures. They may trim it and then say it was already like that, and then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                  If the bush is still there, take pictures. They may trim it and then say it was already like that, and then you won't have a leg to stand on.
                  Also true if you're a gynaecologist with an unhappy customer...
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                  X