This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Shenanigans

I just came back home from shopping, and boy do I have some tales to tell!

It's in the Chemicals Department

At Wally World, I had just found a good water bottle and was now looking for pesticides. Why? Because I tend to jump 10 feet at the sight of an insect, and my only defense was a bottle of air freshener (which makes the bug stick to the wall, but doesn't kill it)!

So I head over to the returns desk (aka Customer Service), and here is my exchange:

Me: Do you know where I can find some [Brand name pesticide]?
    Clerk: It's in the chemicals department.
    Me: That's weird, last time I saw it (at Bullseye), it was in the Home and Garden department.

What else should I have said? I've never heard of a "Chemicals Department" before! What would it sell, chemistry kits?

So I wander where the clerk pointed me, looking through the aisles, and somehow got lost in the Automotive Department. Hey, they have chemicals there, right?

So I stop, and figure out that "chemicals" could possibly mean "household cleaning supplies", and I go there. Lo and behold, there was my pesticide!

I don't work here

The same mall where I shopped also had a Bullseye. There, I was looking for a new fanny pack, because I broke a plastic part and had to fix it with superglue yesterday, and I was afraid that the part would break free again.

I could see the contrast in staffing between the two stores. In Wally World, you could easily spot an associate by the colour of his or her vest. In Bullseye, you're lucky if you can find any help at all.

Which brings me to this story. Some woman came up to me and asked me about camping equipment. I'm a city girl; the last time I camped was 21 years ago.

Me: Sorry, I don't work here.
    Woman #1: I know, but it's hard to get help around here!
    Me: Try the Sporting Goods department, then.
    Woman #1: Thanks!

Do you work here?

If Bullseye finds out about this one, I'm in BIG TROUBLE!

Why? Because I had to refer this customer to their competitor, Wally World!

At the same store, I was in the Sporting Goods department, still looking for a new fanny pack, when all of a sudden, this woman came up to me.

Woman #2: Do you work here?
    Me: No. Are you having trouble finding help?
    Woman #2: Yes.
    Me: What are you looking for?

She then went on to explain that she was looking for a Blue Jays T-Shirt for her son.

Me: Try the children's department.
    Woman #2: But he's man-sized!
    Me: Then try Wally World.
    Woman #2: Thanks!

I never did get a new fanny pack from there!

What "do you work here" or other shopping shenanigans stories do you have?
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
    ... Why? Because I tend to jump 10 feet at the sight of an insect, and my only defense was a bottle of air freshener (which makes the bug stick to the wall, but doesn't kill it)!
    Hair spray + lighter =

(Next up: cindybubbles in "Miss O'Leary Rides Again")
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Do not use a Hair spray flamethrower. They make an awful mess and smell horrible (also burning house down is bad).

Trust me on this, I have some experience.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        Do not use a Hair spray flamethrower. They make an awful mess and smell horrible (also burning house down is bad).

...as the signature demonstrates...
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Yeah, I don't want to get into trouble for using a makeshift flamethrower to blast bugs.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Yeah, I don't want to get into trouble for using a makeshift flamethrower to blast bugs.
            Certainly not. Do what my daddy did. Spray so much on them that they drown before the poison kills them.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Seriously. Two stories: I worked with a woman whose husband tried to get rid of wasps nesting under their siding - with a flamethrower. You can probably figure out what happened...

Also, another friend's husband blasted the basement wall with a flamethrower. Didn't catch fire (I think it was concrete) but left a big black scorch mark. Explanation? "There was a spider!"
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Also, another friend's husband blasted the basement wall with a flamethrower. Didn't catch fire (I think it was concrete) but left a big black scorch mark. Explanation? "There was a spider!"
                "You've gotta be FUCKING kidding...!"

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  For some reason, that made me think of this comic from "Three Panel Soul."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

What "do you work here" or other shopping shenanigans stories do you have?
                    "Hair spray + lighter".... "burning house down is bad".... "blasted the basement wall"....[Norris - yech!]

Well, that escalated and derailed simultaneously - nicely done, crew.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post

That sounds like a story waiting to be told . . .
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My partner kind of did the whole "homemade flamethrower" thing on an insect broken down into its individual parts.

What had happened was he'd sprayed a spider with what he THOUGHT was bug spray, but it was in fact surface spray. So the spider was poisoned, but not quite dead. He then decided it would be a good idea to set it on fire >.<
                        In his defence, he was around 13-14 at the time
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                          In his defence, he was around 13-14 at the time
                          Valid defence I would say. Now my dad, who uses petrol and fire to remove wasp nests from our wooden fence, on the other hand.

Comment

If you don't have bug repellant lying around (we don't I have a two year who tends to find that shit and spray it everywhere and not just on the bugs). Use the yellow Lysol spray. Works awesome on killing most bugs. So far, we have had to kill beetles, ants, moths, spiders and bees.

And yes I am deathly afraid of bugs as well.

Comment

I shouldn't have mentioned the part where I jump 10 feet at the sight of a puny bug. Now look where we are!

I was looking for more shopping-related stories, though.
                              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                              X