This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smacked in the face, repeatedly

I went to Asda today. I should have known browsing the sale rail at George would be a good place to attract a not-so-pleasant customer, but I was trying to think positive lol.

Well, the rail is huge. There's a top rail and a lower rail too. A customer was browsing to my left and two customers (who were together) were browsing to my right. I was in the middle going through the bottom rail.

Suddenly, this woman came along and got right into my personal space, as if I should not have been there because SHE wanted to look. The way she did it, she had to position herself at a funny angle because my body was half blocking the rail. Anyway, she suddenly decided to look at the rail above me and I was then smacked, in the face, repeatedly by this woman's damn bingo wing.

I am NOT kidding. In the end I had to move out of the way and waited for her to finish. And I know she knew what she had done because when she finished, she turned to me and gave me the most smug 'Haha I won!' expression I've ever seen.

I swear. Some people.

The first time her crap smacked me I would say "excuse me". If it happened again it would be "EXCUSE ME!" If it happened a third time I'd grab the offending item and throw it across the room!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      The first time her crap smacked me I would say "excuse me". If it happened again it would be "EXCUSE ME!" If it happened a third time I'd grab the offending item and throw it across the room!
      Usually I would. Working in retail, I've had to learn to keep my trap shut when confronted with an unpleasant customer, so when I'm out, if a customer is in the wrong, I'll give them hell. But today I just wasn't in one of those moods. If it's happening to me (and I'm in one of those moods), I'll let it slide, but if they're giving hell to a cashier/shop worker then I'll say something.

Comment

That woman would've caught hell from me.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Ew. I had to look up bingo wing, and it was what I thought. I have the beginnings of them.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I would have politely told her to wait her turn. You were there first.

Comment

I get smacked with any part of another person's body, and I can't help it. I have an immediate violent reaction. They're lucky if they walk away with bruises on what ever hit me, usually it's broken.

Comment

My reaction is usually over-the-top "Ow!" for each hit. /shrugs/ like training a puppy
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I saw the title of this thread, and instantly thought of this.
                  Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

Quoth aulocksmith View Post
                    That is epic!

Comment

That's about par for Asda. I wonder if being related to the Mart of Wal has made it worse or better?

The real fun is the reductions chiller. I've seen carts like circled wagons, forming an old-bat perimeter to stop others getting a bargain. I've seen produce snatched from the actual hands of the person re-pricing it, and one poor sod berated for "only" discounting x, rather than making it 20p or something equally ridiculous.

The bingo-wing to the face is an old, familiar friend, as I tend to hunker down rather than bend over when looking at the bottom shelf. I (as a frankly huge and apparently slightly scary bearded bloke, your mileage may vary) advise rising from the depths as fast as possible, go from hunkered to standing in one shot, attempting to sever the offending flappy bit with your head. I had no idea what that was, but figured it out very quickly on arrival at normal height.

In my case this bit is true, but you may adapt the following for your own use if appropriate: Say you were shocked when their arm brushed against your head and thought they were touching you up/smacking you (delete as appropriate). They won't do it twice, and the resulting fight will be over with repeated judicious loud use of the phrase "you came up behind me and smacked me in the head!"

This only works if you have no shame or are spoiling for a fight anyway. Odd how often shopping in the supermarket causes me to want a fight. Those are the days when I go in with a wire basket not a trolley, said wire basket on my arm like a gladiator shield. Avoid those days.
                      Last edited by bunrotha; 07-07-2014, 12:38 PM. Reason: pushed button too fast, am dumb.

Comment

Haha, I can't get into a fight at the grocery store unless it's to stick up for a worker.

My SO works there, so I have to behave.

Comment

Quoth aulocksmith View Post
                          Thought I'd let you know, but ever since you posted that, I've been mesmerised by it haha. So thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X