This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wahh! These shoes are tooooo tight!

I went to a shoe place that my work has an account with for workboots.

There was a lady there with her husband also buying shoes for work. As he must have told the cashier a half-dozen times, "She works 12 hour shifts 7 days a week! She's always on her feet!" Every time the cashier suggested a style of shoe that the lady said she wasn't interested in. The lady said that she had a bruise on the bottom of one foot and she takes a women's 7.5 wide. The cashier looked at her feet and said that she didn't look like a wide and perhaps that was the problem with the shoes she had now. She insisted she was always a wide and wouldn't be measured. The cashier suggested perhaps something else had bruised her foot. Both lady and husband were insistent that the bruise was from the shoe, but wouldn't say what kind it was, how old it was or where they'd gotten them.

There were only maybe 5-women's shoes that came in the style and size the lady wanted. Every time the cashier brought a pair to try, the lady started shoving her foot into the pre-laced up shoe and whined every time "It's too tight! It's rubbing!" The cashier told her they would fit better if she unlaced them completely, THEN tightened them. Then the lady would finally put them on, sit there, and say "No! They're TOO TIGHT! They're not wides!" The cashier had to encourage her to actually walk around a bit. I told her too, try to move the way she would at work. I also suggested she try a different shoe, because yes her foot might hurt now, but a different shoe could help.

Through every shoe she kept complaining they were too tight and almost threw a tantrum if the cashier brought out a style that was NOT wide. She ran out of women's shoes to try and then kept asking about the ones on the men's side. "Well, what about this?" About a half-dozen times the cashier had to explain that she had NO men's styles that came in a small enough size for this lady; but she kept on asking.

Through it all the husband kept EMPHASIZING how his wife works 7 days a week, 12 hours a day! (I wondered if HE had a job himself!)

I chose shoes just before the store closed. I mentioned LOUDLY to the cashier "I'm glad I finished up just before you closed for the day!" The husband and wife just mentioned "Oh, is it that time already?" and kept pulling down shoes for the cashier to get. The cashier was trying REALLY had not to roll her eyes!

Sigh. I wonder how that lady's foot is doing.
    Last edited by LillFilly; 07-10-2014, 11:10 PM.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    She insisted she was always a wide and wouldn't be measured. The cashier suggested perhaps something else had bruised her foot. Both lady and husband were insistent that the bruise was from the shoe, but wouldn't say what kind it was, how old it was or where they'd gotten them.
    That makes no sense! If my shoes were hurting me, I would gladly let someone who knew what they were doing measure my feet and see if I was wearing the wrong size shoe.

I wouldn't be surprised if she actually wears a size 10 average, and has fooled herself into believing that a 7.5 wide makes her feet look smaller.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      That makes no sense! If my shoes were hurting me, I would gladly let someone who knew what they were doing measure my feet and see if I was wearing the wrong size shoe.
      She looked to be about a 6 to me. The Cashier even gave her some 8, but because they weren't 'wides' they were TOO TIGHT!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

She probably has other problems not related to the shoes. She should go get her feet checked out by a good podiatrist and see what he/she recommends for footwear.

Also, I don't know where you live, but I kind of doubt she works 12 hour shifts 7 days a week...at least not for more than 2 weeks at a time.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Also, I don't know where you live, but I kind of doubt she works 12 hour shifts 7 days a week...at least not for more than 2 weeks at a time.
          That's probably just what she tells her husband...

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            She probably has other problems not related to the shoes. She should go get her feet checked out by a good podiatrist and see what he/she recommends for footwear.
            My thoughts exactly, especially since she's on her feet a lot. I have custom orthonics and they are a lifesaver if I'm on my feet for extended periods.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
              That's probably just what she tells her husband...
              i was thinking 'i dont think this work is legal' and 'hooochie!!!!!'

Comment

Y'know... I hear that crap out of my 7 year old frequently. If she continues that kind of behavior into adulthood then I think I'm going to have to do the rest of humanity a favor in a drastic manor :P.
                But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                And it's not what I wanted to be
                The weight on me
                Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
                  Y'know... I hear that crap out of my 7 year old frequently. If she continues that kind of behavior into adulthood then I think I'm going to have to do the rest of humanity a favor in a drastic manor :P.
                  I brought you into this world... I can take you out of it.
                  [/Cos quasiquote]
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    i was thinking 'i dont think this work is legal' and 'hooochie!!!!!'
                    She wouldn't be on her feet all the time for that kind of job.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      She wouldn't be on her feet all the time for that kind of job.
                      Maybe she's no good at the "advertising" stage

Comment

A good podiatrist, orthotics and a recommendation on a specific shoe. I actually had steel toe sneakers, mocs, boots and low heeled pumps at my machine shop. I used to wear the sneakers out when my band played bars. Steel toe to the kneecap solved many interpersonal problems with men not taking no for an answer.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                          Steel toe to the kneecap solved many interpersonal problems with men not taking no for an answer.
                          I guess they figured out you could have aimed higher, and would do so the next time.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            I guess they figured out you could have aimed higher, and would do so the next time.
                            Would that be called a Boot To The Head?????
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              Boot To The Head?????
                              Yaah! Yaah!
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X