Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't remember if i saw this posted somewhere here but... "if you have to ask if it should be at Fratching or CS, it probably belongs at Fratching"

Comment

I believe it is Boozy's signature to which you refer:

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
        I believe it is Boozy's signature to which you refer:

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com
        That sums it up nicely.

And look!

There's even a handly link!
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I'm bumping this up. We're seeing a lot of posts where people make a statement that belongs on fratching but preface it with a disclaimer such as...

"Please don't take this to fratching."

or

"I don't want this to go to fratching, but..."

Making a disclaimer doesn't give you free reign to post your opinion on a controversial topic and then basically tell the rest of the membership they're not allowed to argue back with you.

That needs to stop. If you think your statement is going to invite debate, then please make it over on fratching or keep it to yourself.

There is one exception. If an OP knows that a sucky customer's views on politics, religion etc. might steer his thread off topic into fratching territory, that OP is perfectly free to put a note in his OP to ask that people not take his thread where it doesn't belong amd get it closed.

However OPs should keep in mind that their posts should stick to the facts and the suckiness of the customer. OPs should refrain from making statements airing their own opinions on politics, religion etc.

And if you see this stuff? Use the report button and tell us about it. Please don't respond to it in any way, even to tell the poster it is against the rules.

And, as always, it can't hurt to review the rules every now and then, especially if it has been while since you last read them. They can be found here:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=190
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Bumping this one yet again...and only three days later.

Please stop it.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Hypothetical situation, but would this be a correct division of CS vs. Fratching material?

- There's a thread in CS where a user feels that their reply might be "over the line"
              - User starts a thread in Fratching, beginning with something along the lines of "In response to (link provided) thread in CS, here's what I have to say on the subject"
              - User posts a reply in the CS thread, saying "My views on this subject can be found in (link provided) thread in Fratching

The purpose of the double linking is so people reading on Fratching can see what prompted the thread, and people reading on CS who have more "over the line" comments to add can easily find an appropriate place to post them.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

That has always been a perfectly acceptable way to handle it.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Bumping this again.

As stated a few posts above, if you find yourself typing a post that has the words "I'd say more, but I'm close to Fratching". Or "Not to get into fratching territory, but..."

Guess what? You're likely already there.

If you find yourself posting these things, please stop.

We simply don't have the manpower to constantly edit these posts.

Thanks.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Fratching - and the 'take that to Fratching' policy - is part of what helps this site stay so friendly.

People who enjoy contentious debates can go and participate. Sometimes we teach each other things, sometimes some of us change our minds - usually on being presented with new knowledge, or a new point of view.
                    Often we agree to disagree; but with a new respect for the opposing POV.

But many, many people come to CS to laugh - often wryly - at the silly ways the human race behaves. These people are not interested in debates about, say, whether the tipping system or the 'service compris' system is better. So we moved all of those debates to the sister site.

And heck, some of us - like me - can spend a few years being active in Fratching, then go off it almost entirely, then go back ....

The guideline I use in Fratching (this is not an official rule, but it helps) is 'argue the debate, not the person'. In other words, I can tell Jester that his argument and position are total crap; but I cannot and will not tell him that HE is crap. (Besides, he's a great guy. Even if some of his ideas and worldviews conflict with mine.)
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                    X