This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm No Longer a Kid

Recently, I was playing "Cards with Humanity" with a group of people. I looked around and realized I was the only one who was alive during the Cold War.

My project manager admonished some of my coworkers for picking car rentals that charged extra because they were under 25. I would laugh, but that means that I was driving longer than they were alive.

Now, if you would kindly get off my lawn, I'll be shopping for walkers.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Considering that I work with a lot of people young enough I could have given birth to them, I relate.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Same here. And when you hear the songs that were big hits when you were in high school played on a store's Muzak system, it's all downhill from there...
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Same here. And when you hear the songs that were big hits when you were in high school played on a store's Muzak system, it's all downhill from there...
        It gets even worse when you hear songs your kids liked but you hated playing on the Muzak system.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I find it weird to have friends who were born the year I graduated from high school!

Comment

I game with people that could be my grandkids [if any pregnancy I ever had popped out alive birth that is] I have been known to joke that I have unopened mail on my desk marked urgent older than they are, or socks or tshirts in my drawer older than they are. And as I have socks that are 35 or so years old, and still have some t-shirts from concerts I went to back in the mid 70s...*sob*
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I remember hearing about a Malaprop Bob Hope made at a charity golf tournament. He was interviewing a young volunteer.

Hope: "How old are you?"
              CM: "18"
              Hope: "18? I have balls older than you."
              Crowd:
              Bob: I meant golf balls.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                Considering that I work with a lot of people young enough I could have given birth to them, I relate.
                I can say that for 3 out of the 5 managers at my store currently.

Excuse me while I get distracted . . . my rhematism is actin' up and I can't find my walker.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I have, in the past, actually told people "I've got socks older than you!!" ...and meant it literally x_x
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

About half the guys at work were born after I finished high school. I've been known to honestly tell some of them, when they borrow some of my tools, 'Be careful with that, it's older than you are.'
                    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I could say it about some of my computer keyboards - which remain fully functional. Specifically, two Model Ms from 1989 and 1990, and one Cherry from 1996.

Comment

My coworkers and I are installing new servers in branches. They are removing servers that I installed on my first project about 7 years ago. In other words, we are removing servers I installed.

We're undoing my work.

Comment

Ah how great it is to be in my early twenties. and yes I am just rubbing that in lol
                          ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
                            Ah how great it is to be in my early twenties. and yes I am just rubbing that in lol
                            My lawn.

Git off it.

(Whippersnapper...)
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              My lawn.

Git off it.

(Whippersnapper...)
                              Lol I have a classmate who is nearly 50, has 8 kids from (I think) 5 mothers and only recently decided to get snipped uhh down there
                              ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Working...
                              X