Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion topic: alternative sections?

A conversation recently reminded me that we used to have the site separated differently before I took up the reins. I don't remember them all, and I think everything that comes up is covered. However, who remembers times past and what we used to have? Are there any other sections you'd like to see as subdivisions on CS.com?

I don't usually add more sections without serious thought, and it may be that nothing comes of this, but it's worth asking and gauging what's got interest for the members.

Discuss away!

Rapscallion

I coulda sworn there was a revenge area.

Though there was pretty strict rules on it, like no gloating about pissing in someones coffee for example.

But others like, someone attempting to pay a 60 dollar bill with guarters, then as the clerk, slowly counting the quarters and not letting the customer leave with his items until it was all accounted for, and recounting every time he interupted.

Then again, most revenge stories could be pretty brutal and could cause harm, when they really shouldn't, be it the person or something they own. (Like keying a customer's car because the customer got the clerk's car towed)
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Someone suggested some of the "hall of shame" stuff you guys get that we don't see (by you guys I mean the mods).
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

do want hall of shame. Other than that I can't really think of anything we're missing...
        "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

I assume the hall of shame is for misbehaving members? I far prefer to think of the infraction system as rehabilitive, rather than punitively chasing people off the site.

The one that was mentioned to me to spark this off was 'dining with dumbasses' or similar for restaurant tales, but I think that's happily covered by the SC section. I may be wrong - others may have alternative opinions. Can we consolidate areas? Is there any need for sub areas? I don't add areas without obvious need, but feel free to have your say.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, I think for the hall of shame, it would be more like members who have already been banned? Like their first posts? And it could be read-only with only the mods adding, and no names or something...
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Wasn't something like this discussed on here the other day? An SC snatched a Customers Suck! card out of a member's hand and he posted a warning in case they got on here and tried to have a go at us?
              We were talking about how well the mods protect us from people like that, and it was suggested that it might be fun to see a read-only thread of things that don't normally get past the mods - would that be classed as a hall of shame?
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

One site I go on has a "hate mail" section that's full of nasty emails sent to the site. XD I'm sure you guys get a lot of nutmail and people signing up just to send nasty PMs that could go in a hate mail forum.

Plus another that could be added could be all the stories that were proven to be fake; you don't have to post the people's names, but just put the stories and the rebuttals.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

If I get one hatemail a year, it's as much. I kid you not.

Proven fakes - only one or two spring to mind. Hard to actually prove things on the Internet. I've posted things before that I knew to be true and it sounded false to some.

Rapscallion

Comment

The idea of posting up some of the choicer selected posts by rejected spammers, scammers, and others who never made it past moderation into the general populace was bruited about. I think I might have been the one to start it.

My thought was to just post up the best snippets, and to just leave them out of context, like some of the stickies in the main forums, like "Workday Phrases of Lore and Legend."

Other than that, however, I can't think of anything that isn't already covered, somewhere.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Suggestions for the mainsite, like the glossary of terms?

I've posted up a few stories that have used the term "Customer Standard Time" and some people suggested it could be added. It would be easier to post it in a forum rather than to PM.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm kind of liking a subforum for the choice snippets out of context.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post

I've posted up a few stories that have used the term "Customer Standard Time" and some people suggested it could be added. It would be easier to post it in a forum rather than to PM.
                        You mean like the "Bugs, Questions, and Site Suggestions" subforum?
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I'm a bit confused.

I already have a Glossary of terms posted.

I have put a lot of work into it, actually, and many members have been very helpful with their contributions.

I don't see that it's so difficult to PM me with anything you wish to add, and it can be added by me so the whole things stays consistent in format and easy to reference.

If we open it up as a thread where people can just randomly add terms as posts in the thread, it makes it very difficult for a new member to follow.

...Or have I misunderstood your suggestion?
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

It was just a thought; some forums I go on have suggestions for the mainsite in a separate forum.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

some forums I go on have suggestions for the mainsite in a separate forum.
                              Still a bit confused.
                              We also have suggestions for the mainsite in a separate forum, as well.

I apologize if I seem like I am being deliberately obtuse here, Lace, but I don't quite understand what you mean.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X