This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am perplexed

We have a new manager at my apt. complex and I have talked to her on the phone before. She seemed really nice. She also texts people with heads-up items. I just bought a car on Saturday to replace my old one that won't start. I left a note at the office last night to let her know that the dealership would pick it up by Wednesday and could she please work with me on this? [I didn't state it, but I know non-registered vehicles can't be on the property.] I explicitly said that if this were a problem, please call me (or text; she has my number) and I would see what I could do about moving it today (Monday). I was going to be at work but I was willing to deal with it if it were really a problem.

Did she call me? No. Did she text me? No. I was leaving this morning and found taped to my door the snow removal policy that I've already received 3 times. I felt like that scene in Office Space. I guess she had assumed I was trying to get around the policy which, by the way, says on every copy that it begins NOVEMBER 1st.* It's October. It's going to snow overnight. I don't think she knows that I didn't know that when I left her the note. Still, she could've called me or texted and said something like "Hey, I got your note and otherwise I'd be fine with it sitting there, but did you know it's going to snow?" That's what I would've done: given the benefit of the doubt. I would've responded something like, "Oh, then it needs to be moved by 9:00 am. Ok, I will see what I can do." Instead, a passive aggressive note.

Fortunately I was able to get ahold of my sales rep. at the dealer and the tow is being expedited to tonight, given the situation.

*The policy used to be that we should move our cars out of spaces to allow the plow to go through and then we could re-park them if we were home while the plow person was here. Now we have to move them somewhere else from 9:00 until 1:00. That's fine if it's a workday for me, but not if I have to work from home. Maybe I should take my car to work and park it there and then get a cab home to work in my living room? Also, some tenants sleep during the day. If it were my day off I could park across the street at the business park but I don't know if it would be a problem for them. I guess if I am not working that morning I have to slog through the snow to the mall and waste my time there.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X