This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor communication from the bus driver

*Just for clarification, the driver in this situation wasn't purposely trying to be sucky........I just felt he should've said something instead of using hand gestures (and apparently thinking I could understand what he meant)*

To give some background info - various things can go on with the fareboxes on the bus, and sometimes it's hard to tell if it's ok to go ahead and swipe your card or no (I have a two year pass which I get from being a city employee)

Anyhow, so yesterday I'd taken the bus somewhere after work, and when I got on the bus I'd be taking for the return trip home, the woman who got on the bus before me made an overpayment with cash.....so I was waiting for the driver to give me the "ok" to go ahead and swipe my card. He does not do this, and there's a brief period where I cannot figure out if by gesturing towards the back of the bus and saying "Go on....", he's hinting that the farebox is messed up and to just go ahead and sit down, or if he's trying to say I need to swipe my card.

I guess I should have said something, because the drive grabs the card out of my hand and swipes it for me.....odd thing was, I didn't get the feeling he was irritated with me, just thought I was a ditz who didn't understand how to swipe a card on the farebox.

you're right. he should have said something.

Comment

Well, I'd be the first to admit that I sometimes have trouble interpreting social cues (due to Aspberger's), but again, since the fareboxes do occasionally mess up, it was hard for me to tell exactly what the bus driver was wanting me to do.

Comment

Unless you are hearing-impaired and he was using actual sign language, he should not expect you to understand what he wants by using hand gestures. He could have just said "go ahead and swipe your card."

Edit: And he should not have grabbed the card from you. That's just rude.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X