Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phone jammers For The Win! Try to send or receive when I fire up a Tri-band jammer in my bag
    I seriously need one of those. On the bus, at the library, or when the neighbors stand right under my window and carry on their screaming cell-phone arguments....
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You know, that could be the plot for the "Expendables" sequel-Sly and crew go around stomping on the cells of obnoxious users.
      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

The theaters can't jam the signal per FCC. there has been talk of doing it there and in prisons for a while.
        "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

God thats annoying - what a bitch. Hitting you actually was assault - dumb move could have pressed charges. Love the way you handled that though.

A few years back in Germany I was watching a movie and this stupid little bastard (teen) kept throwing popcorn at the back of my head from the seat directly behind me.
          I usually slouch down in the seat so the people behind me can see more screen than the back of my head (I'm 6'4") I nicely tell him to knock it off a few times.
          Him and his friends laugh then 5 minutes later boink - popcorn hits the back of my head again.
          I was really into the movie and was getting seriously pissed so I snarl knock it off you little shit at him.
          He made the mistake of saying what you going to do about it. I jump up and yell I'll put my size 12 so far up your ass you will be tasting leather for a week.
          He actually climbed over the back of the seat and ran like hell - his buddies acted like they didn't know him - I rarely laughed so hard in my life.

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
            Nothing is that important that you cant be "off the grid" so to speak for 2 hours. And if there is, what the hell are you doing at the movies then!
            Because when my father was in the ICU dying I needed to get out of the hospital and decompress, or go insane.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
              Nothing is that important that you cant be "off the grid" so to speak for 2 hours. And if there is, what the hell are you doing at the movies then!
              Because some of us are on call quite often and can't be off the grid. I still have a life too, you know. :-P

However, there's proper procedure for handling that. If the servers call me, or a coworker calls me for help with something, I slip out into the lobby before answering. I think most reasonable people you'd never see actually answering their phone, as they'd leave before doing so.

As for cell jammers, those are technically illegal to possess here in the US, and being caught with one could mean big fines. Yes, I've looked into it before, but only as a method of getting the annoying brats in front of me to put their damn phones down.
              Coworker: Distro of choice?
              Me: Gentoo.
              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth Skelly View Post
                Mobile phone jammers For The Win! Try to send or receive when I fire up a Tri-band jammer in my bag .
                O___o Where are you from, Shadowrun? ... I want one.
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Get a palm sized water gun.... then pretend to make a big sneeze in their direction and squirt them at the same time... apologize & say "excuse me". They are going to think they got hit with a big snotball. That should run them off.

Comment

I normally turn my phone off or on dead silent. The only times I have ever left it on vibrate and checked messages are when there is a family emergency and I am waiting on news of "So and so is in the hospital" or such.
                    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                    -Red

Comment

Working...
                    X