Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night school student called non emergency number to complain about campus cop

My co-worker told me about this incident which happened yesterday on her shift.

The first week of fall semester has been very busy during my shift & during her shift.

Campus police direct traffic in the street in front of the meter lot which is owned & operated by the city as well as the traffic entering & exiting the faculty/staff garage. After 5 p.m. Visitor parking was full.

A student arrives at the Visitor parking booth window & tells my co-worker that she cannot find any parking, & she will be late for her class. At that point there were no available spots inside Visitor parking, & so my co-worker told her the garage was full. So the student asked her where else she could park. She suggested meter parking.

The student went over there, but could not find any parking. Then campus police arrived, & they would not let anyone enter the meter lot because it was full.

The student tried to find other parking, but she returned & tried to park at the meter l lot, but campus police would not let her enter the lot because it was full.

So she returned to the Visitor parking booth & told my co-worker...
    "I am pissed off. Campus police will not let me park at the meter lot, & so I called the city non-emergency phone number to complain."
    "Where else can I park?"
    "I am late for my class."

It was almost 6 p.m., time for my co-worker to clock out, & so she told her she could park in Visitor parking, but she has to pay the $5.00.

She said "ok, fine, whatever", & she entered the garage.

Well, I suppose at least she didn't call the emergency number.

But damn.

She should learn to plan better to get to class...if she can't get there early, then she shouldn't just bitch about how there's no parking. If the lot's full, it's full.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Ive had to park 3/4 of a mile from school. That was the closest open spot. I made it to class on time.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

On my campus, if you do not get to campus before 8am, you cannot find parking anywhere, even in Timbuktu.

After that, you do what I like to call the "parking lot salsa," everyone just circles round and round like vultures over a dead corpse, waiting to pounce on the first available spot.

The really daring ones will park illegally, but you risk being towed. However, the tow companies get so busy towing, you might actually get away with it.

Then, promptly at noon, the lots clear out as everyone bails campus for lunch.

Afternoons aren't usually too bad for parking.

Parking has gotten so bad, they opened a new lot and now have shuttle service. I will be so very glad when they finish building our parking deck.

Enrollment over 15,000 for a community college! Whew!
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I'd use the light rail park and ride a couple stops up from campus. No problem finding a parking spot and the light rail stop was almost directly in front of my first class (yes, actually, I worked hard to schedule it that way).
          "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
            On my campus, if you do not get to campus before 8am, you cannot find parking anywhere, even in Timbuktu.

After that, you do what I like to call the "parking lot salsa," everyone just circles round and round like vultures over a dead corpse, waiting to pounce on the first available spot.

The really daring ones will park illegally, but you risk being towed. However, the tow companies get so busy towing, you might actually get away with it.

Then, promptly at noon, the lots clear out as everyone bails campus for lunch.

Afternoons aren't usually too bad for parking.

Parking has gotten so bad, they opened a new lot and now have shuttle service. I will be so very glad when they finish building our parking deck.

Enrollment over 15,000 for a community college! Whew!
            That sounds exactly like my campus except they shut down one of our parking lots to put up modules for more classes.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

My college is very hard to find parking in also. I don't have a car to begin with, but if I did I think I'd only use it for night classes. I would still take the bus to and from because of how bad parking is.

Comment

Working...
              X