This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalamazoo Ribfest

This event is three days of very yummy expensive food and drink. But like all events there are those that make you shake you head...

Line Cutter: Guy comes up to a line for a place selling ice-cream and other sweet treats. Looks at me and starts counting through his bills, I counted just over 400 btw. He asked the guy in front of me if this is the line and the guy says it is. Money guy the pushes his way in front of the line and tries to order. Guy in front of me pushes him to the side and orders for his daughter. Guy then pushes infront of me and pays for a 3.50 cotton candy with a hundred. Girl did not look admused... The whole line saw his tens.

It's dog? Lady is behind me at a place that has a name with coyote in it. Talking to her friend she makes the remark that she hopes these ribs aren't aren't real coyote cause that would be...disgusting. I turned back and commented that the ribs were too short and at the same time too long. She looks at me blankly. "oh? So not, dog?" I bite my lip trying to laugh while her fiend started to crack up. "no... Your good, all pig."

BEER1!!1!1. Drinks were only gotten by ticket. To buy said tickets you couldn't have a minor band on. Guy in front of me bought 40 tickets. He started on cups of beer at 4 tickets a piece. He just got the second 40 I know of and security has been watching him cause he's not walking too straight now. Of course I don't think the two shots of liquor in his fruit smoothie helped...

De ribs, dey be mine...: Couple bought 172 dollar of ribs. Several full racks and a few sides... They had to keep reloading the grill. Not fully a sighting but still making the long line grumble.

Must return to eating some more jackdaniels ribs.... So very yummy. Perhaps more stories before I leave the rest but the number of strolling/biking cops plus the brick wall security are keeping it mostly calm.

The cotton candy seller shouldve refuses his $100. That was just him being a dick. Also, step on his ankles next time. Lol.

Comment

or do what the other man did and shove him out of the way

Comment

Saw a line-cutter being shown his own place some time ago, at the Highland Games on the coast.
        There was a stall selling "bison-burgers", with a nice long queue leading to it, but the people working the stall seemed quite well drilled and were labouring through it at a very fast pace (still being nice enough, as I noticed when my turn came). I join the queue with my wife. There come this two kids (teenagers for sure) and take place next to the stall, then start moving in from the side trying to catch a server's attention. An elderly lady tells them something like "You were not in the queue, please go back with the others". They replied in a quite rude way... five or six men who were in the queue moved towards the two young idiots, who tried to "stand up for their right to cut the queue"... needless to say, they were (relatively gently) accompanied to the bottom of the queue. Cue applause to those men.
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Guy in front of me bought 40 tickets. He started on cups of beer at 4 tickets a piece. He just got the second 40 I know of and... I don't think the two shots of liquor in his fruit smoothie helped...
          where is this magic place
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            where is this magic place
            That name is memorable, I believe Kalamazoo is in Michigan .

ETA Yes it is :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalamazoo

Comment

packing my shit rn. Coming to live with you Aethian.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Ah, good old K-zoo. I need to bring hubby there when we visit family, he'd love Bells.

Comment

I both love and loath these types of food festivals.

I love them because it's a chance for me to get good BBQ here in NYC, I loath them as they tend to be horribly expensive, lines that take hours to get through, and full of idiots.

/me goes back to craving BBQ.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    packing my shit rn. Coming to live with you Aethian.
                    Kay but ya gotta put up with my dogs and their shedding.
                    Last edited by Aethian; 08-10-2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                      That name is memorable, I believe Kalamazoo is in Michigan .

ETA Yes it is :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalamazoo
                      I met a gal from there once....

Comment

Holy crap I live like an hour away from Kalamazoo and I've never heard of this? This...this sounds like a miraculous festival of food, spirits, and fun! Too bad neither hubbs nor I drink...but hey groceries are cheaper that way.

Have fun with the ribs!
                        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Holy Crap you live an hour away from me? *winks*

Twas fun and yummy but my wallet still smarts from it so...yea glad it's once a year.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                            Holy Crap you live an hour away from me? *winks*

Twas fun and yummy but my wallet still smarts from it so...yea glad it's once a year.
                            Yeah, so I was hoping you could get me some ribs......
                            Glad to hear you had fun though
                            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Oh, this makes me hungry. And also very, very glad that Taste of Colorado is the weekend before I'm due, not after.
                              "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X