This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother of All Meltdowns

I thought my two year old could throw a tantrum, but she had nothing on a lady I saw in one of our local hardware stores yesterday.

The store was having a clearance sale, and another customer had picked up a cutesy towel rack for her bathroom that was on a for couple of bucks. The SC saw the other customer (OC) holding the rack, and announced that it matched a set that she had bought for her bathroom. The SC first asks nicely if the other customer would let her have it, but the OC politely replied that no, it was for her daughter who had the same set. Then SC begins to whine that she should have it, and tries to block the way of the OC.

She then begins yelling at her when the OC tries to maneuver around her, and yells at one of the employees to find a manager. The OC starts to walk off, and the SC yells at her to stay put, and starts calling her names. The manager shows up, and for some reason the OC came back (I would have just walked away if it were me). SC then has the nerve to try and say that the OC had taken the rack out of her cart. NOT! A couple of us had seen the whole thing, and told the manager. Last we saw of the SC, she was being physically removed from the store while yelling that she was never going to shop here again anyway. Yeah, right, like they want you back when you make a scene over a $2 clearance item.

Best part? The OC reaches into her cart, and pulls out a matching hand towel stand, then says while laughing, "It's a good thing she didn't see this stand in my cart, or she would have had an heart attack!"

No no no, the best part would've been if SC did see the matching towel stand as she was being forcefully removed from the building.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It would have been really funny if she had used the towel stand to wave goodbye to the crazy person.
      I saw something similar to this the other day...truly terrifying. Luckily both women had strong men to get between the crazy one and the sane one...and the men both hated the outburst...otherwise eyes would have been missing.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Woooahhh.....

Bet she could have made herself a similar/matching towel rack for a few bucks at the local craft store too...
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          No no no, the best part would've been if SC did see the matching towel stand as she was being forcefully removed from the building.
          No way!

THE BEST would have been if that SC had physically attacked the OC and, in self-defense, made the SC wear that rack as a bowtie!

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
            No way!

THE BEST would have been if that SC had physically attacked the OC and, in self-defense, made the SC wear that rack as a BUTT PLUG!
            Fixed it for you.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Quoth zombiequeen View Post
              It would have been really funny if she had used the towel stand to wave goodbye to the crazy person.
              I think the best would be both of these combined.
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

Lol. I had a similar experience when a sc tried to take a 23 pound turkey out of my cart a while back and stated I was "obligated" to give it to her because she was a customer and even though i was off the clock I worked at said store. My response was a firm NO! Her reaction?? She figured I needec to "retire" and tried to get me fired! Didn't work though
                NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Is there just a lot of "crazy-ass-nuts-insane" in the air lately, or what?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

MoonCat I thought it was just my neighborhood, but now I see it's everywhere.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I had this happen to me!
                      A girl tried to take some nailpolish out of my hand the other day because it was the last of the color, and she thought I was distracted enough from looking at a display to not notice her.
                      Lucky me Hubby has ADHD, movement gets his attention and he saw her reaching for it. One "What do you think you're doing?" and girl slinks off, and I jump because I just thought she was looking at the display too.
                      Geez person, the restocker was walking over there with a box of nailpolishes, I bet the color was in there. We saw her later, and she tried to make a scene that my husband tried to touch her or something. Her mother just told her to shut up and stop making up things so she could get away with whatever.
                      Some people are idiots.
                      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*

Comment

that happened to mom once... but it was her whole cart. and it happened 3 times.

yep. three times the same lady tried to take her cart claiming "it's my daughter's cart"

the third time mom told her she was going to call the manager over... and the lady took off.

mom guessed that the lady was after her purse.

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                          Her mother just told her to shut up and stop making up things so she could get away with whatever.
                          I like that mother

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                            I like that mother
                            Me too; sounds like she knows her daughter really well.

If someone ever tried to take something away from me that I was intending to buy, the object in question just might become lodged up their nose . . . Tantrums make me nasty, well, in anybody over about six months old.

Comment

I just cannot believe what she was trying to accuse my husband of. It was a busy section of the store, where there were at least six people, including one young mother and her two sons, and this girl accuses him of attacking her and trying to rape her and crap.
                              It's people like this who make real victims hated.

Comment

Working...
                              X