Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping Shenanigans - Friday the 13th Edition!! Oh dear gods, WHY!?!?! (LLOOOOOONG!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Lupo. *Hands over some Jägermeister* Add that to your collection.

Seems like people here know pants and stuff, so I might get some help with a problem I'm having as a short, on the thinner side of average built, young man. I have these jeans I really like, but they are too wide at the bottom to fit inside my beloved Canadian Army Surplus boots; so I'm wondering if there are any jeans out there that would be available in black, tight in the lower leg area (which would be all hidden inside the boots), and comfortable for a guy to wear. Help, please?
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

I hate pants shopping too! Style almost automatically assumes that if you have big hips you have a big waist, so unless I get hip-huggers, my pants basically turn-into drawstrings when I wear a belt, or I have to add pleats and get the classic front butt look.

I'm sorry you run into the crazies; what is it that attracts them to you??? On the other hand, the stories are excellent fodder. I hope that saleswoman in the last story got what she deserved! Because, of course you are going to destroy an item of clothing and then hand it to the salesperson; obviously!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
        Her: Sweetheart, do you have Jesus in your life?
        Why yes I do! I have wine & bread with him every Sunday.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Tux was right, i sighed a lot.

I don't know about you lupo, but I use my chesty nature to get discounts on vitamins all the time. its like the only perk besides incessant back pain

Did the pharm have anything for your anemia?
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            I don't know about you lupo, but I use my chesty nature to get discounts on vitamins all the time. its like the only perk besides incessant back pain

Did the pharm have anything for your anemia?
            Hey, if I'm going to get a discount on something for my chest, I'm thinking more than just vitamins. Protein shakes at least. The good shit.

The pharmacist said that since I have issues with regular iron supplements, he recommended a gentler formula, slow release supplement pill instead, and he showed me the store brand which was a lot cheaper than any of the others. I've been on it for two days now and no side effects so far (knock on wood!). I'm making an appointment for this coming Friday to try and give blood again. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I've been fine to give blood (my count gets low, but not anemic) after about 3 days of taking supplements.

Comment

Count me in as another one who hates buying pants. I am fluffy, a size 16, and average height, but with short legs. my inseam is about 29.5, but I have a very long torso. So most pants are way too short in the nether regions, and cut me right across the fat part of my stomach, causing it to squish over the waist.

However, I did manage to find some jeans and pants this weekend. Thank goodness for LEvis and Dockers that make pants in SHORT lengths. Just because I'm fluffy, doesn't mean i am tall! The jeans are Levis perfectly slimming bootcut. They come up far enough to cover my belly, have a long enough rise, and are NOT too short! WOO HOO

Comment

>.> I have a new word for my-self "fluffy". Thanks Catwoman!

I also have troubles with pants. I'm not only petite and fluffy, but I have an Marilyn Monroe figure to boot. Would've been great 40 years ago, but at the moment styles are for sticks and twigs, not fluffy people. Its sucky.

Lupo I don't drink but I can offer peanut butter cups to the collection. Thanks for stories, I'm sorry you have so many crazies though!

Comment

Speaking of fluffy, one of my favorite comedians.

http://comedians.jokes.com/gabriel-i...sias---fluffy/

Comment

*isn't going to make the "this thread is worthless without pictures" comment*

Oops

Just kidding, Lupo. As for that crazy woman, I'd have told her to get bent. Jesus was big on having some wine with meals, so if it's good enough for Him...why not? Give me a glass (or 3) of Luna di Luna and I'm good. Even better, is a Crown Royal + Dr. Pepper. A "Crown Pepper," if you will
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                        *isn't going to make the "this thread is worthless without pictures" comment*

Oops

Just kidding, Lupo. As for that crazy woman, I'd have told her to get bent. Jesus was big on having some wine with meals, so if it's good enough for Him...why not? Give me a glass (or 3) of Luna di Luna and I'm good. Even better, is a Crown Royal + Dr. Pepper. A "Crown Pepper," if you will
                        A haha. hahaha.

Ha.

Right.

Crown Pepper? What, not a Royal Doctor?

Just asking. Too bad I'm not a DP fan. I do like Crown though. Crown and cherry coke, now that's pretty tasty to me.

Comment

Crown and cherry coke, now that's pretty tasty to me.
                          This will stain your cups though.

Comment

I'm making an appointment for this coming Friday to try and give blood again. We'll see how it goes.
                            I'd love to give blood, especially since I found out that I'm B+. But every time I've tried to donate, I almost pass out before it's done. Except for the last time. That time, for some bizarre reason, they didn't like my pulse rate. Sorry, but I'm not a big person, doesn't take long for the blood to circulate. Didn't seem to care that while I have the pulse rate of a bird, I have the blood pressure of a dead person.

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                            Speaking of fluffy, one of my favorite comedians.

http://comedians.jokes.com/gabriel-i...sias---fluffy/
                            I was watching him on Comedy Central a while back. It happened to have been filmed in El Paso and he was talking about places that I used to hang out at. In particular, the OP http://www.theoldplantation.com/index.php.

Quoth protege View Post
                            Just kidding, Lupo. As for that crazy woman, I'd have told her to get bent. Jesus was big on having some wine with meals, so if it's good enough for Him...why not?
                            No to mention that wine was preferred to water in that time period....because the water had the potential to kill you!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Is B+ compatable with lots of other types?

I don't even know my blood type.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

B+ is type specific blood, and is vital when it's a necessary procedure calling for type specific. B+ is fairly rare in the US, though, but more predominant in central Asia, I think.

I'm 0-, the universal donor. Everyone wants my blood. Everyone.

Good news is there's about a 3/5 chance of type B finding someone they cna receive blood from if the need arises. Since O- can only accept blood from another O neg, I'm kinda screwed. Mine must be type specific 100% of the time. Lucky me.

i think only about 5% of the population is O-, with B+ coming in next at rarity in the US population. I think. No promises.

Comment

Working...
                                X