This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-sighting? Pizza people?

Long story short: Placed online pizza order, thought I had more money but didn't, called pizza place, tried to get an item taken off. Was told it's already in the oven. Very quick but unfortunate for me. Asked if we can "take off" the item because if it has to be delivered I won't have the total. CSR asked how much I have. Told her. She said she "adjusted" the price to within my range. I said thanks and apologized. She sounded exasperated. I think she may have misunderstood and thought I was asking not to pay for some of what I ordered when I meant that I wanted not to get it. I've never worked pizza so I don't know. Did I do something wrong (besides not checking how much I had to begin with)?

Just by how you described the transaction, I got confused and thought you were asking for the item for free with the excuse that if it's already being cooked, it might as well be delivered, even if you don't have enough for it. I think that with the telephone conversation the pizza place may have gotten the same impression.

You want to fix it and make sure you don't get a nasty-gram on your customer file? Stop by the shop and pay for the difference. Oh, and if you didn't have enough for a decent tip for the driver, leave that, too.

Now go forth, and be not sucky again.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I think she understood what you were trying to do. Otherwise, she wouldn't have adjusted the price for you. I think it just irritated her that you ordered something you couldn't (quite) pay for in the first place and she let that irritation show. Also, your call meant that you couldn't afford to tip the driver, which was probably a "head's up" that she wasn't looking forward to giving to whoever got stuck with your order.

Don't worry too much about it. You messed up and you apologized and tried to do what you could to make it right. Nothing else you could do once the mistake was made.

Comment

Oh, I did find my other twenty and gave it to the driver along with the original total, asked her to split tip with her and CSR I talked to on the phone. Then left them 5/5 ratings on the online form. Thanks.

Comment

My husband (who is a pizza driver) says that trying to change the order could have been a pain in itself, which might have been why she sounded exasperated. But he says it was the CSR's mistake to let that frustration show to you. It is a customer service job after all. ....oh, and it could have been a driver taking the order if they were busy.

Comment

o hell you gave them a giant tip.
            i'm sure they'll forget that mistake very quickly

Comment

It's the closest cheap but good chain pizza place. If I didn't make sure not to burn bridges I would be screwed next time I got the munchies.
              I've never screwed up like that before and got worried they wouldn't want to deliver here again.
              Last edited by Jack; 08-22-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Quoth Jack View Post
                Oh, I did find my other twenty and gave it to the driver along with the original total, asked her to split tip with her and CSR I talked to on the phone. Then left them 5/5 ratings on the online form. Thanks.
                You are going to get the fastest delivery on the planet from here on out.
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Jack View Post
                  Oh, now see, that's not fair; you weren't telling us the whole story. If you made it right, then you definitely weren't sucky. And I agree that your delivery speed should improve for a while... at least until they realize that $20 tips aren't the norm.
                  Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Oh, no, I posted that before I found the other twenty. I always do have at least a $5 tip.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                      Oh, now see, that's not fair; you weren't telling us the whole story. If you made it right, then you definitely weren't sucky. And I agree that your delivery speed should improve for a while... at least until they realize that $20 tips aren't the norm.
                      Even so, he still gets tagged with "decent customer, good guy" which will get him priority most of the time. You dont have to tip outrageous everytime, but making a mistake right counts for a lot.

*thumbs up*
                      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

But you made it right by using a twenty. That's the main point, right? So then you saved yourself.

And from now on, pay cash for your pizzas. It's so much less trouble than getting mixed up with invisible money, such as debit cards. It may be an unpopular opinion, but in my experience, cards are trouble if they involve money.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                          And from now on, pay cash for your pizzas. It's so much less trouble than getting mixed up with invisible money, such as debit cards. It may be an unpopular opinion, but in my experience, cards are trouble if they involve money.
                          ??? He was paying cash. That's why he called after placing the online order and trying to get whatever taken off. The only way the money in question was "invisible" was that he couldn't find it originally.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                          X