This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth catcul View Post
    I may have mentioned this before, but when my sister lived across the street from a liquor store, she said that the liquor store was the busiest store in town when snow was expected.
    The liquor stores here are the same way, as I noticed on Tuesday when I went to Perfect Drugstore (ABC store right across the street.)

Couldn't get a space to park in that lot and it's small (the ABC store, that is.)
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Same used to go for the pizza place I worked at. I was there a few months, during the winter. Once, the snow came down like crazy, and my boss decided to close the store since hardly any of the cashiers could get into work, and he thought that it would be too dangerous for the drivers to ride mopeds on the icy roads.

Fast forward to the day that the boss reopened, two days later, after the snow melted and we all got in. When my boss checked the answer phone, it was jam packed with messages left by angry would be customers who had called the pizza place and then been surprised to hear a message left by my boss that due to adverse weather conditions, the store was closed. Cuz of course, all pizza place employees are robots fitted with snow ploughs.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Well, I don't have a snow story for pizza joints, but I do have a "torrential downpour" one. One day, the rain was coming down so hard that it overwhelmed the pumping stations, resulting in street flooding, and water coming in our store's front door (which was closed...it was pretty bad out there). Calls slowed down to a trickle (ha!), and we shut down delivery for a few hours. One caller -- who was nice, asked *why* we had stopped delivering. He lived only a few blocks from our store. We advised him, "Sir, why don't go go look out your front door. We'll wait." ...which he did. We heard the sound of the door opening and closing. He came back on the line about a minute later and said, "Never mind."
        Last edited by EricKei; 02-20-2015, 11:35 AM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
          I may have mentioned this before, but when my sister lived across the street from a liquor store, she said that the liquor store was the busiest store in town when snow was expected.
          Same sort of thing when I lived in Florida - people would stock up for "hurricane parties"
          Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
            Same sort of thing when I lived in Florida - people would stock up for "hurricane parties"
            Several of my colleagues and I are planning a pizza party for the snow expected tonight.

We're pretty much planning on school being canceled tomorrow.

I went all over town today looking for salt for the drive way; every place was sold out. So I stocked up on kitty litter instead.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Why not buy table salt? It works too. Al and I have been using it after the driveway salt ran out at our grocery store, and cans of table salt are only 57¢ here.

Might be a bit more effort but it still works.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                Why not buy table salt?
                I used softener salt once.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                X