This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tale of two drunk dudes

This happened on one of my audit shifts at the small motel I work at. It was no much sucky but rather annoying - and funny as all heck.

This one drunk guest left his room to go to the bar across our parking lot. He failed to shut his door all the way. A drunk dude coming back from the bar mistakenly went into the room (we found out later he was supposed to be in the room next door) where he promptly pulled back the covers and went to bed.

The first dude returned (drunk) from the bar and was too drunk to actually make it into the bed. He fell asleep in the chair in his room. He woke up some time later to find drunk dude 2 sleeping in the bed.

He comes to the desk and tells me there is someone sleeping in his bed and we both go to the room. I am practically yelling at the dude trying to wake him up. I am pushing down on the corner of the mattress - everything to get this dude awake. He finally gets up and looks around wondering where he is.

The commotion wakes up another dude in the next room who sees his roommate coming out of the other room - and promptly says "Oh, I wondered why he never came back to the room"

Really? Your coworker is missing most of the night and you never thought to report this to anyone?

In sleeping roommate's defense, "wondered" might be a sleepy shorthand for "I had a couple of ideas of where you were, but this wasn't one of them." As an extra funny, my misreading of "audit shift" as "adult shift" combined with small motel and the title made me think this was going somewhere else entirely.

Comment

It's a good thing everybody was drunk or I could easily see a fight breaking out over this...

Comment

When we travel we prefer the long stay motels with the microkitchens, and I have learned that when alone in the room to ALWAYS keep the door locked and on chain [or thingy if it isn't a chain] because more than once we have ended up with a key oops and someone else being able to unlock and open our door. Most of the time people are good about realizing something is wrong, but occasionally they get nasty.

Well, and I never like leaving the door open or unlocked, it isn't like Rob can't carry his copy of the room key. I think about the only time the car and door are unlocked is when I am sitting in the car while he loads the luggage into it.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          As an extra funny, my misreading of "audit shift" as "adult shift" combined with small motel and the title made me think this was going somewhere else entirely.
          That's funny because I made the same misread.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
            That's funny because I made the same misread.
            Same here!

And I keep thinking of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

"Someone's sleeping in my bed!"
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              And I keep thinking of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

"Someone's sleeping in my bed!"
              "Duh, oooooooooooooo....someone's been sleeping in my bed, and here he is still been sleeping in my bed!"

Comment

At least everyone was pleasant about it, things could have gotten ugly fast.

Dealing with drunks and the like make me glad I'm not in the hotel industry.
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
                  This one drunk guest left his room to go to the bar across our parking lot. He failed to shut his door all the way. A drunk dude coming back from the bar mistakenly went into the room (we found out later he was supposed to be in the room next door) where he promptly pulled back the covers and went to bed.
                  Years ago, an acquaintance of mine came home drunk from a wedding. Finding the door to his parents' home locked, he shimmied in through a basement window, staggered around until he found the couch, and attempted to make himself comfortable. The problem was that many of the houses in the neighborhood were built the same time and were identical to one another. The other problem was that a woman already occupied the couch he was trying to sleep in. The sexual assault charged was dropped, but he'll have that record for [trespass? forcible entry?] forever.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                    Years ago, an acquaintance of mine came home drunk from a wedding. Finding the door to his parents' home locked, he shimmied in through a basement window, staggered around until he found the couch, and attempted to make himself comfortable. The problem was that many of the houses in the neighborhood were built the same time and were identical to one another. The other problem was that a woman already occupied the couch he was trying to sleep in. The sexual assault charged was dropped, but he'll have that record for [trespass? forcible entry?] forever.
                    There's the joke(?) that most of the houses in Dublin have different coloured doors to prevent that sort of thing from happening when one comes staggering home drunk. Many of these houses are at least 100 years old.
                    Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Working...
                    X