This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youve got money!

The bookkeeper for the law firm at which I have been a temp came into 'my' office today with my pay stub. Initially I was taking paper cheques and then changed over to automatic deposit, but I still get paper stubs.

She informs me that the company that actually does the payroll has discovered that ... a cheque they made out to me in December was never cashed.

Because, you know, I have all these millions and what's one lousy paycheque ...

They have voided that cheque and tacked the money onto this week's pay. Considering this job ends after next week, the timing couldn't have been better.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Oh, that's amazing! When I worked the retail and the fast food at the same time I would never have time to get my ff paychecks so they used to tease me. "Are you independently wealthy?" The ff didn't have direct deposit.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Accounting has to go through payroll now and then to make sure everything matches up. Not having a paycheck cashed tends to make the numbers off just a little bit, leading to unhappy accountants. No accountant worth the name likes having the numbers off. They get a little frothy at the mouth.

Comment

Sounds like one incident with the tax office. The franchise changed hands so it wasn't clear where to pick up my (tax) year end commission.
        The awesome GM had it waiting for me at the January meeting.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X