This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You rotten bastards!

My best friend was born with a chronic condition. So she practically grew up in the hospital. This week she got another kidney infection, but it was different in that this time she has a fever. She gets admitted to the hospital and it all went downhill. They started treating her as a drug seeker when she asked them if they called her doctor. She asked for benadryl and they yell at her "We're not giving you dilaudid!"(sp?) They treated her so badly she checked out before they could give her antibiotics and then the thought of going to any hospital gave her panic attacks.
    I want to rend that hospital staff to pieces!

A call to the hospital management is in order. Please do give them an earful! How did they get dilalud from benadryl??
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Same way me asking the PA my PCP had me see because he was seriously busy seems to have gotten drug seeking behavior from my wanting refill scrips on my cozaar and atenolol, my indomethicin scrip that i haven't renewed since before LAST YEAR, and a request to change my migraine med back to midrin from frova because after my hysterectomy my migraines changed from hormonal back to stress. Oh, and I requested them to get a copy of my cardiac stress test, and to double check to see if my cardiologist had scoped out my renal blood vessels for strictures because I discovered that that could be one of the contributing causes to my chaotic evil malignant hypertension ... he kept telling me that because I had strictures on my renal blood vessels that I would never be able to reduce my hypertension without drugs...

Criminey, I had to pretty much YELL at the jackass to stop and actually LISTEN to me.

What I do is print out a spreadsheet with my meds and schedule for taking them, a listing of my nonscrip OTC stuff [mainly vitamins and minerals] and their schedule, then a smaller list of the meds I need renewed and then a couple of lines about what I need from this particular visit. All he seemed to focus on was the single benzo [midrin] and a mention of the renal vessels and BP ... though I do now have an appointment for imaging for my gallbladder [and I didn't even ask him for painkillers for that - I can suck up the pain since I know what is causing it and it isn't bad *yet*]

So next thing I do when I am done with him, since the other office my doc has is on the way home, I stop there and get to see my doc and complain about his PA and tell him exactly what happened. I am on great terms with my PCP, I am one of the first clients he had after he opened up [I met him at a local doc in a box] so Rob and I have been clients for almost 6 years .. he tends to listen to us. The PA is in deep shit right now.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
      X