This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Compliments Thread

If I could, I wanted a place to put those little nice things customers, CWs, or other stores do or say that make things bearable. I tend to forget them, and they're small so I never end up starting a thread just to say "this lady said I was helpful and she sounded really sincere."

So I'll start. I while ago I tried to explain to a lady how to shorten her pre-made curtains. This is so simple, and she just couldn't understand me, it was a little frustrating. But then a few weeks later she came back in and said that as soon as she got home she laid everything out she immediately understood what I was trying to say, and that she appreciated that I was patient.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

That's especially nice, that she came back in and made sure you knew that your help was appreciated and not in vain.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

That was very nice, most people don't come back to thank you when you have helped.

Not quite the same, but at one point, one of our very rotten cats would unplug my UPS while running around. She wasn't chewing on the cord, she was just getting tangled in it and knocking the plug sideways.

This either resulted in waking up to alarms, or coming home to find a dead system. Very inconvenient.

I went to the "friendly place" and asked a worker what he suggested. He suggested child proof plug protectors and we looked at them together. When we found something that I thought would work, he asked me to let him know how they worked. (Neither of us had children, but both of us had pets.

I went back a week later, found him, asked him to get his manager and then told the manager in front of the worker that his employee walked on water.

I kinda figured that if I was going to take the time to find the worker and thank him, I might as well take a few more minutes to talk to the person who might be doing his evaluation.

Comment

I helped a woman with a photo of her daughter for a school project. She was very grateful and kept thanking me. Lots of people are grateful when you help them especially when it's a special project. This lady came back a few days later to thank me again except I wasn't there but a manager and she told her. Who made a point to tell me how happy this woman was with my help.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I told one of our DVM's that I really appreciated how he would tell us right on the spot when he found something we had done that he didn't like. Not petty, not vengeful, just "Hey, [My Name}, you forgot to put X in the notes for the cat..." That kind of instant correction helps improve your skills, and I appreciate it. I don't love getting corrected, but I DO appreciate the fact checking and growth opportunity.

He told me it was one of the nicest things anybody had said to him professionally!

Comment

Lady today was looking for more fabric that her husband had bought, and I walked right to it (it's not that impressive, it was a distinct color of yarn dyed flannel) and she was so happy.

Comment

I forgot about this, but last week a lady said I was the best help she'd received from anyone at my company so far. I don't remember what I did, but that made me feel good because I've only been doing my job for 2 months.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Lady who was the victim of the coffee machine deciding not to tell us when it had run out of product. I first put more coffee in, then more milk, then more syrup. Then the damn thing worked! Lady had infinate patience with me and that damn machine, and I hope she enjoyed her coffee when it finally appeared.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

I had several ladies who were very nice when either the computer messed up, or I messed up at the register. There's really not that many people who are nice successfully, if that makes sense. Some are too loud and talk to me like I'm a child or dog, "Oh, that's alright, I'm sure it's complicated." Some don't say anything or make eye contact, so I have no idea if they're mad or not. These two were just the right amount of understanding so that I didn't feel rushed or irritated.

Comment

I had one today. A man called and had been passed around from dept. to dept. and was just livid and very down on the company. I was feeling frustrated because I was trying to help--even though he needed to be in the dept. that had just wrongly transferred him to me, grrrrr--and he was venting. I did not want to transfer him again and my coworkers with more access to the system than me were trying to help me, but it was just a mess. I just stayed calm and listened and sympathized and he told me despite the fact that the company was terrible, I was wonderful, very helpful in my limited capacity (not yet cross-trained). He asked if I was a direct employee [often call centers are contracted out, but ours isn't] and I said yes and he told me "You'd do great in another company!" Ha--he hates our firm so much that he wants to see me out of there.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                    X