This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit blaming her kidneys!

Best friend is in the hospital again. Her urologist has been on vacation from Friday till today. They found a blockage and infection in the intestines, but are convinced that it can't be causing her the amount of pain it is, the pain has to come from her kidneys. Today her urologist comes in and is like "It's not her kidneys, but to prove it to you lets get her to neuromedicine for some tests."

Apparently they kept calling him and he was like "I'm on vacation, but I'm telling you it's probably NOT her kidneys."

wait... "but to prove it to you" ... so they're going to bill her (or her insurance) just because they need to prove it to someone who won't fucking listen?

Comment

Yup. Because she has kidney disease doctors always want to blame her kidneys. Last time her urologist ran tests on her kidneys they were better than they had been in years, but oh no it HAS to be her kidneys.

Comment

I hope she never breaks a bone or something. "Her arm is hanging by a thread. It must be her kidneys!"
        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Having had a partial intestinal blockage, I can tell you that it is the worst pain I have ever had, and I suffer from migraines. Morphine did nothing to the pain, not even to dim it slightly.
          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Oh for fuck's sakes.
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

She was released from the hospital today.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                She was released from the hospital today.
                And? Was it her kidneys?

Comment

Nope. It was the intestinal blockage, which was responding to medication when the urologist was like "OK I'll prove its not her kidneys."

Comment

Working...
                  X