Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In one issue of Cosmo I read (sneakily while I was waiting for my Nasi Goreng to be cooked at the noodle shop), they had a bunch of total loser wanker guys commenting on a range of girls and what dress size they thought they were

I thought that was the most sexist irresponsible article I've ever seen. I stopped buying Cosmo when I was 18 and realised that real life wasn't anything like they portrayed it. I mean, really, $500 for a pair of mind bogglingly high shoes that you "must have" or you're a loser? Shoes that will only go out of style in six months anyway

Give me good old New Scientist or Focus magazines any day (both science oriented). I think I'll take any tips they give me instead.
    Total surrender
    Your touch is so tender
    Your skin is like water on a burning beach
    And it brings me relief
    "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Mmm - Nasi Goreng. That and Bahmi Goreng are awesome.

Now I'm getting hungry!

Rapscallion

Comment

I read Cosmo when I want to read something without engaging my brain. And look at pretty pictures. I take pretty much EVERYTHING they say with a great big pinch of salt. And tequila. And I loathe tequila!
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I consider Cosmo my super fluffy reading once I am done with reading intensive historical studies and writing essays.
          Sometimes my brain wants to shut down but keep reading, and Cosmo works great.

Comment

"put on your big gilr panties and deal"

that is my new favorite thing ever!
            "we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream." TTH

Comment

Working...
            X