• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
    i had one of those today:

her: 'i want a tall *grunt* three add shots' *sour, malicious stare*

me: 'that was a tall...?

her: 'CARAMEL FRAPPUCINO' *malicious stare turns into the stare one gives the village idiot*

me: *thinking 'sorry, i DON'T speak caveman* ok, one tall caramel frap, three add shots, anything else?'
    LOL I remember those - I know you haven't had your first cup of coffee yet, but if you want me to get it for you, I'm going to need you to speak clearly. Otherwise, buy a pound of coffee and make it YOURSELF at YOUR HOME!

SC: Grunt
    Me: ?
    SC: Coffee
    Me: Size? and do you want mild or bold or decaf? do you need room for cream?
    SC: <squinty eyed> "Grunt"
    Me: ?????

Comment

the IP address thing sounds a lot like when I was doing tech support for IBM AS/400's a few years ago. the company I worked for provided hardware/operating system support for a lot of community colleges and small post secondary schools. we were backended to provide support thru the company that sold the overall package ie computer, custom college management software, etc

a lot of the people who were "in charge" of the machines were for some reason non computer professionals ie chief accountants and such (the reasoning was "HEy you work with computers all day you get to manage this stuff) most of them were of the "I know what I know and admit to not knowing a lot about this big black box and how it works" type. then there were the I know a lot more than the Tech support guy but I will NEVER admit I know NOTHING but try real hard to fake it

One lady insisted there was a way (a OS "switch" or value) that would make her machine at least twice as fast without doing any hardware upgrade. we went round and round for at least a week with her insisting it could be done and me reading straight formthe IBM "bible" that it could not.

to do what she wanted to do would have meant upgrading her processor card changing the machine configuration and drasticly increasing her ransom to IBM for the new "Machine" not to mention the "upgrade" to the OS for a "different" machine
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post
        Daphne, this made me laugh and laugh and left a knowing smile on my face...
        Our profession just doesn't get the respect it deserves. Sometimes all you can do is roll your eyes and laugh. I don't think people in general realize how educated we are.

Comment

I do. There have been many ads in the paper for library positions, and every single one of them requires a degree of some sort.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X