This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A grievance

I would like to issue a grievance to the customers of the CoffeeBean.

As written by a disgruntled Barista.

In concerns to my humanity
    I would like to announce that I am in fact, a human being, with human feelings, I breath, pee, pick my nose, and when you are screaming at me for things I have no control over, it does in fact BOTHER me.

In concerns to that which is out of my control
    Real situation
    Me: May I help you?
    Customer: Yes, I would like a chi ice blend-
    Me: I’m sorry we don’t have that drink anymore.
    Customer: What?
    Me: We don’t-
    Customer: Why!?
    Me: O.o… It’s promotional we only-
    Customer: I liked it!
    Me: A lot of people did…
    Customer: Then why take it away!?
    Me: Because it only last so long, it’s going to come back. (getting desperate)
    Customer: Well I want it fucking back now!
    Me: I’m sorry.
    Customer: You know what, fuck you too!
    This is in fact not a work of fiction, and if you insist on yelling at me, the don’t look at me all surprised when I lean over the counter and threaten to infect bodily harm on you with a plastic knife.

In concerns to my taste in coffee
    Why do I work at a coffee shop when I do not in fact, enjoy the taste of coffee?
    Personal quote:
    “Because I wanted society as a whole to suck to living soul out of me and I could think of no better place then standing between a person and their coffee!”
    End quote.

In concerns to complete morons
    It is entirely inappropriate for you to become upset with me when you are, in fact, a complete moron. I cannot be held accountable for how you feel when I point out the blatantly obvious to you when you ask a completely idiotic question.
    Example:
    Customer: Excuse me, I have a question.
    Me: Okay.
    Customer: What’s the difference between the 'no sugar added vanilla powder' and the regular 'vanilla powder'?
    Me: (O.o slightly hesitant)...um there’s no sugar...in the no sugar added powder...?
    Customer: (Scuffs and walks away)
    Me:...dude...
    You’re feelings after such a conversation commences is not my fault, it is yours, because you miss, are a complete idiot.

Example 2
    Customer: Yeah, is your lemon zest really zesty?
    Me: (Excuse me?) Yes
    Customer: Oh, then I don’t want that.
    I will not even dignify this with a retort.

In concerns to the ‘early birds’
    Please direst your eyes slightly to the left of our front door and you will see that we do not in fact open until 6:30 (or 7:00). Now if you would please peal your face off of our front window and discontinue your tapping and wait patiently, that would be lovely.

In concerns to names
    I get over 500 customers a day, it is beyond inappropriate for you to get angry with me for forgetting your name when you come in everyday, as I said before, so do 500 other people.

In concerns to my personal space
    If one more man,
    Touches my butt,
    Asks for my phone number,
    Attempts to flirt,
    Comes on to me,
    Asks me how old I am,
    Winks,
    Calls me ‘freckles’,
    Asks me to touch them in someway,
    Touches me in anyway,
    Asks me where I go to school,
    Calls me ‘babe’,
    Question me as to if I’m looking at their crotch, (fact)
    Stares at me too long,
    Follows me home in their car, (fact)
    Asks which car is mine,
    Asks me to clean their table while they sit at it,
    Etc,
    I will in fact, throw a cup of scalding hot coffee in your eyes. And that is a promise.

In concerns to a ‘chain’
    Quote:
    Customer: Yes, this isn’t the coffee bean I usually go to but I order a ------.
    (Well then I should warn you we lace our coffees with LSD in our coffee here. We're a chain; it’s made the same everywhere. So if you would please stop telling me that, that would be lovely.)

Thank you for your time.
    Liberate me Bitch!

I am bored, I comment myself.
    Liberate me Bitch!

Comment

Quoth latenightchild View Post

In concerns to a ‘chain’
      Quote:
      Customer: Yes, this isn’t the coffee bean I usually go to but I order a ------.
      (Well then I should warn you we lace our coffees with LSD in our coffee here. We're a chain; it’s made the same everywhere. So if you would please stop telling me that, that would be lovely.)

Thank you for your time.
      Could you please tell me where your store is? I think I'd really like the coffee there

and I sincerely promise to not ask any questions at all or to look at you... but you can borrow my big a$$ s#!t kicking boots for the other patrons if you want.
      I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Ug, I hate when strangers touch me, I've perfected my evil eye for just such occasions.

Once I was at Starbucks and I had taken off my lid to mix in my sugar. I was trying to put it back on but was fumbling b/c welll...I need coffee to make coffee, it was early. I had some stranger try to take the lid away from me so he could "help" me put it on. Um.....yeah....see this diamond ring on my left hand? It means I'm Married Genius! Not to mention I don't want your hands all over wear i'm putting my mouth.
        "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Example 2
          Customer: Yeah, is your lemon zest really zesty?
          Me: (Excuse me?) Yes
          Customer: Oh, then I don’t want that.
          I will not even dignify this with a retort.

But I must ask, is it zestfully clean?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Have some laughs.

http://www.illwillpress.com/sml.html

http://www.illwillpress.com/coffeehouse.html
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

"It is entirely inappropriate for you to become upset with me when you are, in fact, a complete moron."

That one went straight into my quote collection! Well done!
              "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
              "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
              --Dilbert

Comment

Freaking hilarious!!! I love it!
                "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Oh, those were great!!

Doon-kin Don Notts! heeheeheeheehee!
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I feel for ya on the obnoxious men irritation... at least at my job I can make a point of carrying a sledgehammer at opportune times. I tend to deal with the irritating customers with the old servant's trick- suddenly becoming very, very stupid. (Hey, if they're going to throw an absolute fit anyway, how dare I make their martyrdom meaningless by proving myself a competent and intelligent human being?)
                    Haikus are easy
                    But sometimes they don't make sense
                    Refrigerator

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      There's history behind the Tall-Grande-Venti sizing.

Tall = 12oz = used to be the largest size. There is also a "short" which was 8oz and which some coffee places (including Bagel Hell) still have as an option.

Grande = 16oz = introduced as the new "larger than the large size" coffee, since Americans are big on big.

Venti = 20oz = Italian for "20" IIRC, needed a new larger size cause 16 oz of coffee just isn't enough for some people.

And most coffee places will understand Small=Tall, Medium=Grande, Large=Venti. And if you're looking for a short you'd better damn well say "short" or nobody will know what you're babbling about. (Had one customer try to describe short as "you know, the small cup that's smaller than small?"
                      To make things even more confusing, Bagel Hell (at least) has a small "sample" size cup which is used for, well, samples. And shots of espresso. And some people order just espresso in those cups and do them like shooters. Eeeewww...

[/threadjack]
                      "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth latenightchild View Post
                        I would like to issue a grievance to the customers of the CoffeeBean.

As written by a disgruntled Barista.

In concerns to my humanity
                        I would like to announce that I am in fact, a human being, with human feelings, I breath, pee, pick my nose, and when you are screaming at me for things I have no control over, it does in fact BOTHER me.

Customer: Please understand that I'm not screaming at you. I'm screaming at the company.
                        Me: Please understand that you are indeed screaming at me. You're screaming about the company, but you're screaming at me.
                        I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                          Customer: Please understand that I'm not screaming at you. I'm screaming at the company.
                          Me: Please understand that you are indeed screaming at me. You're screaming about the company, but you're screaming at me.
                          Customer: I'm not swearing At you, I'm swearing Because of you!
                          Liberate me Bitch!

Comment

There is an elderly (90) gentleman who comes into my store every day to get his paper. I have known him for years from church where his wife was in the choir with me and she was my sponcer for Confermation. He wants to hug me, but sometimes his hand is a little low and he doen't let go. I have taken to being behind the counter or turning to the side when he gets me.
                            I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Working...
                            X