Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO, Thank GOD I never got beyond their application. Permission to talk to my Doctor... I THINK NOT!

Comment

I used to work for WalMart. When I quit, my customers quit shopping there because I was polite and quick to do my job. Everyone else treated them like they were crap. The managers told me to either quit there or quit college, so I told them to shove the job. And when I walked out, customers asked if I was working, and I said "Nope, just quit" About 15 customers dropped their purchases and walked out behind me. Pissed off every CSM in the building, and I have been "banned" from that WalMart. Fine by me, considering I just found out that they're being shut down *hehehe*

Comment

Quoth Strikesfirmly View Post
        When I read about Walmart and their evil empire online or in magazines I regret each and every time I've shopped there.
        I feel the same way.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

mrsjfreak, it made my day when I found out I was banned. (Banned until the whole store turned over and no one remembered, like I ever go in there anyway).

Oooooh yeah, they have a cheer. I'm proud to say that my first two coachings were for NOT doing it. LOL After those two, I'd scream, "I have to peeeeee!" and run out of there. Pregnant, doncha know. Seems to make you pee at the most inopportune times......

I've actually seen at least two employees let go for not doing the cheer.....unemployment office was told it was because they "weren't team players" and "couldn't fulfill all of their job requirements" or some such, oh and something about being hostile. We had a good laugh about that----the cheer being a job requirement, and if anything, the only hostility you feel is from the people forcing you to do the cheer. And no, its NOT voluntary. You are REQUIRED to participate. And they keep track of who is at which meetings, so nobody just misses out on the cheer due to scheduling....oh no, they'll fit you in somehow to join in on the humiliation.
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Yeah, the whole cheer thing is lame. I told them to shove it when they told me I had to do it. Not the way to make an impression the first day on the job. It's not that I'm not a team player... I just don't do lame stuff like that because a job says I have to. Even if GNC told me I had to do something that lame, I'd tell them where to go and how to get there

Comment

Quoth mrsjfreak View Post
              Fine by me, considering I just found out that they're being shut down *hehehe*
              Wally World closing a store?!

That almost never happens...unless a Supercenter is being built maybe?
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I worked at TGI Friday's for eight and a half years. And they were the ones that brought you "flair" and all kinds of goofy shit, like songs we sang for the customers.

And that cheer is far worse than anything they ever tried to make us do. Ever. 90% of the most model TGIF employees I ever worked with would have never, EVER done that cheer.

I was in a position to know such things. Not only was I a longtime employee, I was a TRAINER. Meaning I spouted a lot of that corporate claptrap. (Actually, much of it I did and do believe--they just had goofy ways of wording good ideas.)

As for purchases I have made at Wal-Mart--they have gotten money from me exactly one time, for a book and a root beer when everything else by my hotel in Nowhere Ohio was closed. (Translation: no place to buy a beer.) I do NOT spend money at Wally World.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Me too.

I moved in June 06. I bought some cheap essentials (bathmat, paint for my bedroom). I don't think I've gone since then.
                  Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I love this post!

I hate Wally World!

The whole cheer thing just cements my feelings about the place and its tentacles other branches (Sam's Club and Walgreens spring to mind).

I, too, refuse to shop there if I can possibly avoid it (and I usually can). My darling husband, on the other hand...

I have tried and tried to get him off the Wally World Addiction (hereafter referred to as his WWA) but every time he needs something cheap and fast, it's "Honey, I'm going to Wal-Mart for blah." followed by a mini-rant from me about the Evil Corporate Entity.

BlackIronCrown, are you reading this, my love? STOP SHOPPING THERE!

Help me out here, guys, wouldja?
                    There is a slight flaw in my character.

Comment

and its tentacles other branches (Sam's Club and Walgreens spring to mind).
                      Is Walgreens owned by Wal-Mart? I didn't think it was...seeing as it's exponentially more expensive, and also a pharmacy, etc.
                      --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

I'm glad my CSM is nice and quite lenient
                        Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

I worked for WM for about 9 months. (got fired after 9-11 because no one was shopping, and mgmt decided to cull the herd)

I HATED the cheer. I usually just faked it. Mouthed the words, or half-heartedly clapped my hands. I pretty much refused to do the squiggily.

WM was probably the worst place I ever worked. Even McD's was a better place to work that WM.

I was a McD's slave for 8yrs...and I actually look back fondly on the first 7yrs that I worked for McD's! At least they never made me cheer.

Comment

Quoth ladylabyrinth View Post

The whole cheer thing just cements my feelings about the place and its tentacles other branches (Sam's Club and Walgreens spring to mind).

It's safe to shop at Walgreens...they're not part of WalMart. Totally different company

Comment

Walgreens just unfortunately shares the first 3 letters of its name.
                              Hence why the $4 generic thing was such a pain in the butt for us. No. We do not have the $4 generic. We are expensive as all hell, because we're worth it, dammit.

Comment

Anybody here get Showtime on cable? My favorite show on there is Penn & Teller's Bullshit! They had a rather fascinating show a few weeks ago on Wallyworld. It was even more favorable towards the company than the description would suggest (Penn's rant against the makers of some anti-Walmart T-shirts is a classic):

Season 5, Episode 2: Wal-mart
                                Penn & Teller expose America's love/hate relationship with Wal-Mart. We look at the good and bad sides of the biggest employer in the US. We challenge the director of the documentary, "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price," we reveal union efforts to smear Wal-Mart, we meet a chronically unemployed young mother in Chicago to see how her life changed when Wal-Mart came to town and we look for the silver lining behind third world sweatshops.
                                I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
                                X