X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports ticket blues

This story is a little long.

Let me clarify by saying that yes I am a cage cashier. Note: Just a cashier.

Just to make life easier for our "guests" (the customers) we cash sports book tickets since the sports book place closes really early. Now, none of us have a clue about how anything works. We just send the ticket through a machine and it tells us what to pay. We don't know the scores, who won and why you get paid what you get. Basically, yes, we are the cashiers. We are money handling sheep.

A man came to my window he paid $20 for his ticket. I ran it through the machine. It gives no explanations, it just prints the amount we need to pay on the ticket. He did a straight bet, (I have no clue what the means either!) it said max pay was $38 Now, as I understand it max pay is what they can win. But I could be wrong. The machine printed that I was to pay him his bet, the twenty dollars. He had two tickets.

Me: Your total is $64.
    I count out the money but the man is confused.

SC: I was supposed to get $38 on that ticket. Look, its in plain black and white. Why didn't I get it?

Me: I'm not quite sure. We don't know anything about the sports book. We just cash the tickets.

SC: I want a supervisior.

I walk to the back and explain the situation to our supervisior. Now, guests normally won't take our supervisors that seriously because they're all my age. 22-24 years old. As I go back there the SV is talking to one of my CWer's. Turns out my CW got the wife of the SC and she was bitching about the same thing.

The SV goes out there and she tried so hard to explain that we can NOT give him the difference, we just cash out what the machine tells us to, No we don't know why this happens. She took a photo copy of the sports tickets, put her name on it and told them to go to the sports book when they opened in the morning. They would have none of it.

SC: I just don't understand! It tells you what to pay me right there!

No, it doesn't. My CW was trying to explain to the wife, it would be like sports book coming down here and trying to do a buy for one of our drawers. Simply put, we don't know their job and they don't know ours. Simple, right?

Finally the SCs leave. But only to come back five minutes later and start arguing with the same CW who had the wife.

SC: There has to be someone higher we can talk to.

I told the SV and she called the Pit supervisor. Funny because he has even less to do with the situation than we do! He's the one who manages the table games. Somehow he managed to talk them down but they were still pissed. Its not a hard concept... Honestly.
Working...
X