Wow.....been to long....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.....been to long....

hello all you lovely folks!!! been a long while since I been around, and honestly cant say I've even been lurking....life has just been....well....life....

Still working in the same call center (been there 3 years now), and a lot of those stories are just the same thing over and over again sadly....

Survived the pandemic (still not positive I didn't get it December 2019, got super super sick just before Christmas, at a time I rarely get that sick), and now fully vaccinated! The upside to this whole debacle was I've been allowed to work from home since all this started!

The other upside to this pandemic, is due to a rather depression fueled day at work (hate my job, hate my life, hate everyone and everything, etc), I made mention to a friend that I wished I could invent something so special that I'd make millions off of it and never have to work for someone else again!

....well instead of scoffing at the idea, or telling me good luck with as much sarcasm as humanly possible in her voice, she asked me what would I make?

LONG LONG story short (8 months of revisions and changes), I'm proud to announce that I have invented a new kind of mobility scooter for those with walking issues (more than someone who can't walk at all). I won't go into exact detail here, since the patent hasn't been formally filed yet (but the deep search shows it IS viable so we can file uncontested), but those I've talked to about it and shown the 3D printed prototype to love the idea and see it taking off once I find a company to buy the idea and manufacture it for me!

I'm really excited, and just last month the company I am working with who is streamlining the process for me, finalized the draft they send to companies who might be interested in buying the patent off of me!
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Congratulations! Here's hoping! ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm happy you're back no matter what.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

That is AWESOME, Sarlon! I wish you nothing but success!
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

As a retired patent examiner I wish you the best of luck with your invention.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I really hope this works out for you!! Got any other nifty ideas to work on after this one? (and I'm being sincere, not snarky. Your first idea sounds like a good one, and where one good idea pops up more are likely to)
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
            X