This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A realization

I was just now letting my mind wander for a minute and I realized something..

I have been on CS now for just shy of 20 years. I started coming here in the summer of 2001. This place was recommended by a site called Customers Eat My Shorts run by Canadian Tire Chick. There are people here who have been on longer than I have. Looking at you MadMike

who else has been around for a long time?
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

I'm not sure how long I've been here, but I know it's been a while.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

It's in the top right of your profile strip on yer posts, Bud

2008 here. Joined the mod team circa 2015 during the onslaught of a "charity scammer" Who Shall Not Be Named, lest we summon her by accident. Became an Admin a couple years ago or so, IIRC.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        Looking at you MadMike
        I think I discovered this place about a year before you did, although I don't remember how I found it. I became a moderator about two years later, and then an admin when Raps took over in... 2006 I think?
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I'm a newbie at only 10 years.

Comment

Not sure because I started under a similar name (one letter different) but then lost that password so had to start over.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Posting just to see how long I've been here.

Edit to add December 2009. Huh. Still have the same job.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Gonna join in the look back in history....

EDIT: July 2008. Only 12ish years.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Did a quick check of my profile..

Honestly thought I was here longer then that.. Like 2003 - 2004.
                  Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 03-11-2021, 01:02 PM.
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                    Honestly thought I was here longer then that.. Like 2003 - 2004.
                    You may have been. The site was hacked a few times and had to be rebuilt from scratch.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I've been posting here off and on the last twelve and a half years.
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I have been a member here since 2007, although I was a lurker a few years before then.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Aw I'm just a baby at 8 years old.
                          Surely some of us are due for release for good behaviour by now....?
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Good behavior? What is that strange concept? Is it a British thing?
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              There is a little catch...

You have to show good behavior to be released for good behavior.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X