This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO!!!! Not Cafe World, too! NO!!!!!!

According to this photo (with my name blocked as per Site Rules), Cafe World will END on July 22nd!

As a daily player, I've played for more than 1300 days straight; that's about 3 and a half years! And if you count the days that I missed and had to start my streak over, that's about 4 years!

I'm currently Level 781 and counting. At least they're giving us players a special package to use in other games, so I chose FarmVille 2.

Speaking of FarmVille, I hope they don't shut down FarmVille 1 without compensation. I have about 410 Farm Bucks that I'd rather not see go to waste!

Are you an avid player of Zynga Games? If so, what do you think?

As for me, all I can say is this:

NO!!!!

NONONONONONONONONONONONONO! NO!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Cafe World had too many glitches, took forever to load and I never got anything I earned. Countless emails to Zynga left a bad taste in my mouth and I quit playing. I for one am not sad to see it go.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Maybe they'll make it a mobile game?
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I gave up on Zynga games a long time ago. Too many bugs in their games, too many short timed quests and having to spam your neighbors constantly

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
          Maybe they'll make it a mobile game?
          Probably not. But they ARE offering us special packages to help us get started on one of their other games.

I chose FarmVille 2, even though I'm now above Level 70.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Zynga is also shutting down CoasterVille, Hidden Chronicles and Hidden Shadows. Now what do you think about THAT?
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Is Zynga going bankrupt or something? What's up with all the closing games?
              My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                I think there were some company layoffs back in January. Zynga closed FishVille and sold YoVille, too.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                  Companies seem to do that a lot. I used to play Sims Social and SimCity Social until they were shut down. I presume it has to do with numbers and budgets, or the efforts of upgrading and whether that is worthwhile.

This article was written when they finished and give you a good explanation about the mindset of the companies.
                  "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                    Companies seem to do that a lot. I used to play Sims Social and SimCity Social until they were shut down. I presume it has to do with numbers and budgets, or the efforts of upgrading and whether that is worthwhile.
                    Neopets Treasure Hunters did the same thing. In that case however, everyone was nicely compensated for it. (It did make me a nice amount of dough though on the Neopets website) I guess it had bugs.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Zynga's business model was so disgusting and underhanded that I swore off their games ages ago.
                      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                        Speaking of FarmVille, I hope they don't shut down FarmVille 1 without compensation. I have about 410 Farm Bucks that I'd rather not see go to waste!
                        I don't play their games, but -- While it is unlikely that they will provide compensation for a closed game...If the in-game currency was bought using FaceBook credits, it MAY be possible to get it converted back to FB credits. I had heard about this sort of thing happening before, but I am unsure. Try contacting FB about it.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          I don't play their games, but -- While it is unlikely that they will provide compensation for a closed game...If the in-game currency was bought using FaceBook credits, it MAY be possible to get it converted back to FB credits. I had heard about this sort of thing happening before, but I am unsure. Try contacting FB about it.
                          What for? Just because it MAY be possible doesn't mean that it IS. But thanks for suggesting.
                          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Zynga attempted to shut down YoVille. The Yo community came together and made it clear that they didn't want the game to end. There were petitions, threads on the forums, even YouTube videos about it. People pushed it to the news sources, too. Result? Big Viking Games (the original creator of YoVille) bought the game, and is now starting to run it as YoWorld. As for Zynga, I wouldn't trust them at all anymore. Underhanded doesn't begin to describe them!

ETA: As for compensation, Zynga will only offer credits/items for one of their other games. I know this because that's exactly what they did when they initially announced YoVille's shutdown. No, I didn't take the bait. I'm no fool!
                            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Why all this talk of underhanded? I don't get it.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Working...
                              X