Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MORE Front Desk Rant Notes. (With EXTRA DOUCHEWAFFLE FLAVOR :D)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORE Front Desk Rant Notes. (With EXTRA DOUCHEWAFFLE FLAVOR :D)

So I worked five days in a row this week. (I was originally scheduled for four days and 18 hours but because I took two more for housekeeping and a coworker's full shift, I got 27.5)

How to be an EW Asswipe 101

After Wednesday it was hell. Wednesday night was the full shift and people were kind of needy with needing extra towels for pool or bath, so I was run ragged a bit.
    Around 4:30 I get a call asking for extra hand towels. Now, the smallest ones we keep extras of are face towels and when people ask for those, and I give them, its NOT a big deal. I never had a complaint about it for the three months.

So I get the request, I set aside three smallest towels possible. Three hours later, a gentleman comes up, saying *wrong room number* called for them
    So after giving me attitude, he admits it is *right room number*

I give him the towels. Nope, its NOT the end.

Him: We didn't get service today, so you go get me a hand towel NOW.

Me: Sir, I do apologize but these are the smallest we have...

Him; I've STAYED AT A LOT OF HOTELS AND I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM. GO GET IT.

Me: Sir, again, these are the extras I currently have to offer. *Looks at his rate. Its already heavily discounted so I can't go further and I won't comp him over a trivial matter* If you'd like, I can tell housekeeping to give you some tom-

Him; LADY I AM 72 YEARS OLD AND ITS MY RIGHT TO HAVE A HANDTOWEL. I KNOW YOU HAVE IT IN THE OFFICE. GO GET IT.

So I grab the keys to humor him. Oh look. They're not there. They are either in wash, or dryer, or second/third floor storages. None of which I can access now.

I come back.

Me: I'm sorry sir, I looked everywhere. They're not there.

Him: Fine. Fine. I'll BUY THEM AND YOU GUYS WILL TAKE IT OFF MY BILL. HOW IS THAT?!

Me: Sir, no we won't. I'm afraid we cannot do that sir.

Him: *insert more abuse. He takes the towels and starts screaming at how useless I am along with other nasty things*

I look at his room. Yep. I saw it with a Do Not Disturb Sign earlier. Housekeeping saw it. He claimed he removed it at 11 but I came in at 2...so..no.

I called supervisors because we do have the right to kick out those who are verbally abusive. We don't have to take it. What does my boss do after trying to get me to call the cops? Let him stay. At his heavily discounted rate. And he also spoke to the guest. I dunno how that went, but I'm sure it'll make me look bad now. -.-;

--------------------------------------

Um...Couldn't This Be Sexual Harassment?

So we have a longterm guest. He is here with some others, to collaborate on a project that will take awhile. His companions are quiet, friendly, easygoing. Nice guys. Him...well...ugh.

He constantly gets drunk the moment he gets off and comes down to the lobby to speak with me. or whoever. Without fail, the past 15 times I saw him, he was drinking. I can SMELL it, and he gets to flirtatious, but that's all. He'll leave after a bit but it's rather annoying.

However, today he started speaking to me. First about religion. ("Buddhism is witchcraft!" and other intelligent phrases)

Then later, when I'm ON THE PHONE WITH AN IMPORTANT GUEST WHOSE MONEY WE WANT PLZ he comes up. STARTS SCREAMING AT ME. About hearing thumps and running in his room for the past 4-5 nights. (he was in the computer room before he made the complaint)

Didn't even wait his turn or listen to me when I asked him to hold on. (I couldn't put client on hold either...-.-

I said I'm sorry, but there was nothing I could do at the moment. I asked why he never said anything before and he was like "I'M TELLING YOU NOW BITCH."

Okay sir...I apologized, told him I'd look into it further. I honestly did not think it was legitimate because at that point, he was drunk off his ass.

So later I got a call from someone on same floor. They needed sheets. I had no extra in the ground office so I had to go to the storage and bring it to them. Which I did. Because hey I'm nice. As I was doing so, Mr. Drunk Charming comes after me to come to his room so he could talk to me. I told him I would speak with him in the hallway AFTER I bring the guests their sheets. He was telling me to go to him first but I already reached the guests. Gave their sheets, grabbed a cart and headed back down the hall.

This is where the sexual harassment question comes into play. He opened the door and told me to go inside to listen. I refused, but I stood near the open door to listen. I heard nothing from above, but he was trying to herd me into the room and pressuring me to listen more.

Outmaneuvering him, I reminded him not so subtly we have cameras so that we'd be able to see who was running up and down the hall (his original complaint)

Then he said "BUT ITS IN THE ROOM." (Which made no sense the way he was wording his complaints.

I apologized and told him to call the night audit the moment he hears it again. He started screaming that I wasn't doing anything about it, but I was too creeped out to care at that point.

So...yeah.

Fuck both of those assholes. Self-important douchebags.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm glad you wouldn't go into his room.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

was Drunk Charming's van out of commission? because that's a creepy sex predator, i do believe. he did everything but offer you candy. it's a good thing you didn't go in there. i saw nothing but red flags in that situation. <<shudder>>
        there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
          was Drunk Charming's van out of commission? because that's a creepy sex predator, i do believe. he did everything but offer you candy. it's a good thing you didn't go in there. i saw nothing but red flags in that situation. <<shudder>>
          For sure. Our hotel has a policy that hotel employees will not enter the room if a guest is there unless there is at least one other employee with them, and it's a good policy. That situation screams "creepy rapist" as loud as it can.
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Nothing says "I'm not coming in your room" like a knee in the nuts...ya know?

Comment

How tempting that knee in the nuts will be...

I was recommended by friends to speak to manager but two complaints in one week, and the fact he sided with the first one it seems...I don't feel good about it. My hours are already at risk.

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
                i saw nothing but red flags in that situation. <<shudder>>
                I agree wholeheartedly. Good for you for not going into the room. Once he got you in there (alone) there's no telling what might have occurred.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I feel sorry if you managers are shitty to the point where they don't understand how this stuff goes down... Most of mine get it, and know that I am good at what I do, so when wild complaints crop up they usually kill them pretty quick.

I've had similar to your hand towels complaint... when you don't have it, you don't have it. I don't know why anyone would expect that you could either magically pull them out of your butt, or that you have them, but are, for some unknowable reason, unwilling to get them. I even told a guest once, I don't have them, if I did, I'd have given them to you, why the hell would I stand here being abused if all I needed to do was give you the damn [Item] you wanted?

For your second guest I *HATE* the drunken chatters. I had one a few months back who was ALL PISSED off that I didn't know whether the free shampoos we give out are organic, green friendly shampoo, not because *HE* cared but because he assumed some woman who stayed with us *MIGHT* care. I told him that it had never come up before, and that I figured that if the woman cared that much about her shampoo that she'd have brought her own anyway. (Which humorously enough, whenever I've told this story to females, they ALWAYS cut me off and say, "Jeez, if I cared that much I'd just bring my own shampoo.")

Anyway, I've had a few scary encounters in JUST the hall, I can't imagine entering a guest room without some kind of back up (I am a larger male too, so people don't often physically intimidate me) after one a few months ago I've seriously begun considering carrying a concealed weapon just in case... I am Night Audit, for most of my shift I am the *ONLY* employee in house.

I am glad that you got away from that bozo safe!

Comment

And let's not forget that the policy of not entering a guest's room unaccompanied protects the guest as well. So that makes the insistence extra creepy.

Comment

Working...
                    X