This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you married?

So there was this extremely drunk guy in my window who was too sloshed to figure out the atm. Well, part of our job is to leave the safety of the cage and go out there and assist them.

I slid his card in the machine (he was sliding it with the strip not facing the right way) And finished his transaction.

Afterwards he held out his hand like he wanted a hand shake. I thought maybe it was just a nice gesture but I was iffy about it, I don't like contact with strangers especially drunk ones.

So, idiot me shook his hand. Cue death grip. The guy clamped his hand onto mine and started pulling me into him. Like the scariest hug ever.

Me:

I looked around and there was nobody to help me.

Drunk guy: *slurring* Are you marrried?

Me: YES!

Drunk guy: Happily?

Me: yes!

As I am saying this I took my other hand and was prying his fingers off and backing away. Eventually he let go right as my supervisor walked up behind me.

I rushed inside and told her I refused to help him any longer. Nobody took it seriously and laughed it up and chalked it up to him just being drunk. They took care of him and said what a nice drunk he was.

I'm annoyed because anything could've gone down but its funny to them. Why is it okay for me to get death gripped and it's funny? It could have gone down totally different but it didn't. So I had to let it go too.

I don't think his intent was harmful BUT at the same time he should have NOT done that. They didn't make me finish his transaction when he came to the cage but they wouldn't let me hide in the back and I had to be right next to him the whole time. Ugh.

I think it's awful that your coworkers didn't take your discomfort seriously. I'm the type of person that would've been very vocal about the creep factor and that I felt violated somehow. I can't even imagine how it would feel if coworkers then disregarded those feelings, laughed about it, and then kept telling me the offender was such a nice drunk.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

He grabbed you without asking for or getting your consent. That's assault and would probably qualify as sexual harassment as well, especially with the personal questions he was asking. Too bad your boss and co-workers don't realize this. I bet if it happened to them they'd feel differently about it. If anyone ever does that again I would call the cops. You don't need your boss's permission to report someone for assaulting or harassing you.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Did you inform security or do you think that they wouldnt have taken you seriously either? Your coworkers are asshats for not taking you seriously. Thats ridiculous. You have the right not to be touched.

I'd have been pissed and I cant even tell you what physical harm i would have caused him. Im grateful for security at my job. We have an awesome relationship and that would not have gone unheard after I called them and told them about it.

Comment

lol. I had a british fighter jet pilot ask me out once. I told him that my boyfriend wouldn't like it. His response was "Well he doesn't have to know". Some guys just don't get it.

Comment

Gross. This sort of thing is one of the worst things about working with the public.

Comment

If he had grabbed my hand in a death grip, I would've screamed out loud. Right hand's a bit tender due to previous bouts of tenosynovitis, and bonecrusher handshakes cause intense pain.

That was definitely assault and sexual harrassment, and your coworkers would've been P.O.ed if it'd happened to them. I'm sorry they're not taking it seriously; is there anyone higher up you can talk to about this?
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
              X