This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His doggie is speshul

I had an incident earlier this evening regarding a guy and his dog being allowed on the bed. In our hotel (motel) we get guests to sign an agreement when staying in a pet room, and one of the stipulations is not to let pets on the beds, because we have white sheets. I always offer a "pet-friendly" blanket as an alternative, and if they want to put that on the bed first then that's cool. Every person I've told has not had a problem with that. Sometimes they don't follow the rules, but at least they smile and agree while in front of me.
    But not this guy.

All was good until I laid out some of the rules, very politly, and offered him a blanket for his doggies. He decides to take one, and then the realization of what I just told him sinks in. Dog = no on bed.

SC: I've stayed here lots and lots and that has NEVER been a rule!!!
    Me: It has been a rule since before I started working here, and you JUST signed the pet agreement which states what I just told you. Now I can let you borrow a pet blanket, and you can put that on top of the bed.
    SC: But *que major hissy fit*NO OTHER HOTEL HAS THIS FOR A RULE AND I STAY ALL THE TIME AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE!!!
    Me: (trying not to argue with him further) Ok sir but I am just reiterating managements rules. The beds have white sheets and getting dog hair out of those is difficult.
    SC: Well I will have to stay somewhere else!! Rage eleventy!!1?!!
    Me: I'm sorry you feel that way sir, but no charges have gone on your card. *turns to next guest who has been waiting ever so patiently*

Now you'd think that would have been the end of it, but of course not! I had also told him I would have to ask my manager to cancel him no charge (I really wanted to charge him for being an ass for no reason ^_^) so he waited at the counter while I did that. Manager told me to let him go, and i let him know we would not bill him at all. I go back to the guest I was helping, and he proceeds to shout at me about how he's never staying here again (good we agree on that because I clicked the Do Not Rent button) and on and on and on. I flipped him an aside glance and apologized for his inconvienience, and he told me not to be sorry for managements rules. He FINALLY leaves, but of course not without the last words.
    The poor guests waiting who had caught the tail end of his rant were VERY confused at his problem. The lady asked me what he was raging over, and I told her. She just stared at me like it was unbelievable.

On a side note: I looked up his stay history and he wasn't lying. He has stayed numourus times... However not once did he ever read what he was signing. Me, I always go over the pet agreement with people since no one reads it. Pretty sure I've never checked him in before, because this incident has never happened before :P
    He's lucky we don't bill extra for excess pet hair all over, because we would have charged him long ago.

"It's not my responsibility to read all that junk you make me sign."

Comment

Working...
    X