This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the ice cream cart

Today I had a day off from my normal job as a manager of a game store so thought I would help my friend sell ice cream at a festival.

Dont touch me!

Twas sitting behind the cart when someone came up behind me and thumped me twice on the shoulder then kept walking. I looked up to see if I knew the person but it was no one that I knew. I was and in a small amount of pain as he hit my sore shoulder. It wasnt a light tap to let me know he was there, it was like he wound up and punched my shoulder hard. I did not want to leave my cart unattended or I would have gone after him.

I want a refund!

"I want a refund, my son dropped his ice cream" (said in the rudest manner possible)
    "sorry maam, we do not do refunds on ice cream for obvious reasons (health code, etc)"

I understand that it would have been nice to give the boy a new ice cream but when you are rude to me, the gloves are off, I do not have to treat you nicely.

PISS OFF!!!

We are behind the cart making sales and having a great time when we hear a sound coming in our direction. The sound was like the mix between stepping on a cat's tail, nails on a chalkboard, and a record player being played backwards (you oldies know what I mean). Coming towards us was a person pushing a cart with a large speaker mounted on it and a microphone by his mouth that he was singing in to. He had the volume turned up so loud that he singing was not much louder than the static coming out of the speaker, he was singing very badly, the music appeared to be composed by him (in the same vein as his singing), and worse he set up camp next to us. We could do nothing to stop him although we asked security and the police to move him (which they refused to do) and we lost many a customer. He was still there when I left 2 hours later.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

The mom whose kid dropped his/her ice cream: why on earth are you responsible for the fact that her kid can't hang onto a cone? And if the kid is too young to be able to do that, why not ask for (or bring) a cup to put the ice cream in?

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      The mom whose kid dropped his/her ice cream: why on earth are you responsible for the fact that her kid can't hang onto a cone? And if the kid is too young to be able to do that, why not ask for (or bring) a cup to put the ice cream in?
      What, you mean the mother should take responsibility for her child's actions? Perish the thought!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've heard that kind of "music" before. It's sad how someone can make a top hit song these days just by making screeching and squealing sounds like nails on a blackboard, and then the WORST bass tone I ever heard, which can make a pacemaker stop or create an active fault line right below their feet, and get LOADED with money for the "number one song." Whatever happened to the good kind of music???

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
          ... making screeching and squealing sounds ...
          MC5 & The Stooges, anybody?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            MC5 & The Stooges, anybody?
            Punk is supposed to sound terrible. Its only when they learn to play their instruments and carry a tune that they're considered to have sold out and become other types of music.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
              I've heard that kind of "music" before. It's sad how someone can make a top hit song these days just by making screeching and squealing sounds like nails on a blackboard, and then the WORST bass tone I ever heard, which can make a pacemaker stop or create an active fault line right below their feet, and get LOADED with money for the "number one song." Whatever happened to the good kind of music???
              I tend to agree with you....

And get off my lawn, you damn kids!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I read a post about a girl helping her mother at a food cart and they had a guy next to them all day playing some wind instrument VERY loudly and VERY badly. Towards the end of the day the mother put up a sign, "2 for 1" (two items for the price of one item).

The guy orders eight things and tries to pay with $4. The girl explains that the price is buy one get one free so it was actually like $12 or $16 that he owed. The guy argued that they HAD to sell him all eight items for four dollars because the sign wasn't clear. The girl was arguing with him when her mom chimed in...

Mom: Just give it to him for four dollars.
                Daughter: WHAT! WHY?
                Mom: Because if he's eating he won't be playing!
                You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
                X