Clear All

She didn't remove her post because
    She came to her senses. She removed
    It because someone who knows she lied
    Posted a reply.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
      Wow, you remembered me! Actually this company has been better to work for than the last. The bosses (I don't care for that cashier supervisor, though...) all like me and are usually fair.
      I had such sympathy, having been through all the same junk. The customers are still trying to control what we think/find funny/feel/do with our facial muscles. I gotta go work in a call center.

As far as being all-knowing, I feel ya. We don't return makeup that's been opened, unless defective, so how do the sucktomers think we are gonna sample it? And not everyone wears makeup. I am a good consult because I have taught myself about ingredients and made my own cosmetics, but not everyone does.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

About the time a supervisor or manager talks to me like that and I don't get to tell my side, I'm DONE. COMPLETELY DONE. I'm out of there as soon as I can find myself another job. For. Get. It.

As everyone should know who reads my posts I've got a pretty vitriolic mouth on me and I am NOT about to take shit for not looking someone in the eye. Just because you work in a department or the store sells something doesn't mean you're automatically an expert. A car salesman doesn't know how to REBUILD THE ENTIRE CAR just because they sell it.

She can go blow it out her you-know-where and so can your supervisor.

Comment

Wow... just wow.

1) SC was an asshat. There's not two ways about that. I absolutely DESPISE people who feel the need to get someone in trouble like that, especially for something stupid like not being the world's authority on eyeliner, ESPECIALLY since you're not working some kind of cosmetics store. Honest to God, that is why we have things like specialty shops, if you NEED that kind of help the kind of store you're in is the WRONG choice.

2) Manager is a douchebag. The customer is DEFINITELY NOT always right. If that was the case what if the customer comes in and says, "You should give me all the money in the register." Anyone who actually believes or forwards that kind of bullshit deserves a swift punch to the genitals. (I have to say here that when I was a manager when this kind of crap came up, I played the good little manager, I pulled the employee off the floor, we went in the back room and screwed around for 10-15 minutes calling the customer creative names then went back on the floor, but every time the customer thought we were having a "discussion". I knew my employees, the ones we kept were the ones who wouldn't do something like this for a reason, so when it happened I usually knew the story before the SC tried to tell me.)

Looking people in the eyes? I mean maybe, I guess, its not socially acceptable in some cultures, and you can offend by doing that. If it were me I'd stare into strangers eyes when that manager was on to the point where people reported me for being a creeper (but then I'm a jerk :-D ) Scolding you for not gazing longingly into the eyes of someone trying to get you in trouble? F that, and him too.

Talking about customers on the floor, that's probably the only thing you did "wrong" here. But its a live and learn experience. This is the only thing that the manager legitimately had to discuss with you. Its a mistake though, it happens (and we've all had it happen I bet too.)

Now... The devious side of me, with her real life actual name, and facebook ID... well that would have been a circus. To quote a friend, "Boy, I hope that bitch likes pizzas." Making a fake ID and responding is risky and can get you in trouble... especially because if the complaint disappeared its ENTIRELY possible that the SC just blocked you.

I'm with Gaki though, I've quit jobs for less, if the manager won't at least hear my side of the story... well he can just shove it straight up where the sun doesn't shine.

Comment

Yeah, well, she's the same manager from another story I posted a couple years back where I came up to the check lanes to help bag during a rush and she approached me, a little frantically, and told me to bring out a lady's groceries. "And again ma'am, I am really, really sorry about this." "This whole thing is ridiculous! Is she gonna have to go get her coat and everythin'?!" "No, no, she can go out just like that!" (it was 30-some degrees F and drizzling rain) Then in the parking lot the lady is going, "Ohhh, girrrl, you make me cold just lookin' at you!" After I went back in I found out the lady had thrown a shit fit when the door alarm went off, yelled at the greeter that she wasn't going to look at her receipt, then went over to the cashier and yelled at her "How DARE you embarrass me?!!" Yeah, I was real glad I wheeled out her damn groceries in the ice cold rain.

Comment

Your manager needs a good and she should have to carry out the groceries in the freezing rain!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Not directly MY manager, luckily, but the cashiers'. But I do have to deal with her always calling me up on a lane and making me behind on my work. Now on some nights she is store director.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Your manager needs a good and she should have to carry out the groceries in the freezing rain!
                  Once the groceries are paid for, they become the property of the customer, not the store. Having the groceries in a shopping cart is an option, and the groceries remain property of the purchaser. I think I would have demanded an down payment for carrying them in the rain, with all that responsibility and all.

Comment

"No, no, she can go out just like that!" (it was 30-some degrees F and drizzling rain)
                    At this point I'd have walked out, got straight into my car and gone home.

Then in the parking lot the lady is going, "Ohhh, girrrl, you make me cold just lookin' at you!"
                    "Yeah... probably because its 30 degrees and raining and you couldn't be assed to wait a couple of minutes while I got my coat on, and my supervisor is a spineless piece of filth."

Comment

I had a customer like that recently. Nasty, entitled and just downright rude. She was first annoyed that NONE of the the three of us could get the zipper SHE got caught unstuck so she could try on a skirt. She very nastily asked my manager, who was helping her, if she had had a SECOND person try it, insinuating my manager wasn't capable. Manager just smiled and said, yes I had all three of us try, but none of us could fix it. She was also very impatient, and acted like we were all dirt on her shoes.

She then asked me about pantyhose, etc. and how they fit, and so on. I don't wear them so I politely told her that. She immediately got snotty with me and asked "well, does ANYONE here wear them????" So I got my manager, but really? No need to be rude. We were all very happy when she left.

Comment

With leadership like that I'm surprised more employees don't walk out the door and don't bother coming back!

Comment

"No, no, she can go out just like that!" (it was 30-some degrees F and drizzling rain)
                          Wow. My old manager could be an ass sometimes, but he actually got on me for not putting on a coat before going out to help a customer. Yeah, it was cold out, but I was only going to be out there for a few minutes, so it didn't seem like a big deal.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                            She then asked me about pantyhose, etc. and how they fit, and so on. I don't wear them so I politely told her that. She immediately got snotty with me and asked "well, does ANYONE here wear them????"
                            Am I evil for thinking it would be fun to shock her by having a MALE co-worker answer in the affirmative?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Am I evil for thinking it would be fun to shock her by having a MALE co-worker answer in the affirmative?
                              Not at all. Especially if said male coworker has much better legs than the female customer.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                                Not at all. Especially if said male coworker has much better legs than the female customer.
                                yes, but we don't have any. Too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X