Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You didn't even have to wait. Why are you complaining?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You didn't even have to wait. Why are you complaining?

The title. It was busy when this couple walked up, but not too bad. They were my first ones of the day, and didn't wait at all. Before I could barely say hi, he said "What happened? Did everyone go on break at the same time??" I realize now it was some kind of joke, but I took it as a complaint. So I asked what he meant because I had looked around at all the cashiers with maybe1 or 2 customers. I said that we had a whole bunch of cashiers, with a confused look on my face. I really didn't know exactly what there was to complain about. His response was "Yeah, that's a joke." I ignored that and he whined to her that I was "so serious." If you have a complaint, be a man and *make one* to a manager.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Apparently he thought you were supposed to know that he was only joking. I wonder what he would have done if you had called for a manager to assist him.

Comment

Don't you love these "comedians"? They snarl at you, complain about this, that and the other, frowning or sneering...then say they were "just joking".

I don't know how anyone could consider what they say even remotely humorous. To say nothing of the fact that the most common thing that bullies say when they get caught is, "I was just joking!"

Yeah, SC, you're a regular Bill Cosby, aren't you? DIAF, TYVM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I hate that. I had one customer, my FIRST call of the day at 8:30 AM, who started out with "Are you all finished with your break now?" He hadn't even been on hold, as far as I could tell.

I told him, politely, that he was my first customer of the day, took his ad and said goodbye, all very cordially. Cold as hell, but cordial. Get stuffed, buddy.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

IF you joke around with certain customers then they bitch that you're not being serious enough AND IF you don't laugh along with their joking then they complain that you're being too serious. Can't win.

Comment

I have a problem with my sense of humor; I don't really laugh at most simple jokes. You know, the ones you hear all the time and such. So there are times when a customer will crack some lame joke and I just sort of grin and keep working because I don't know what to say and then I get the "it was a joke" and "laugh!" comments. I just don't think you're funny, dude.....
            Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Understaffing is a sore point with me; I definitely don't think it's funny.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The (intentionally overdone) "ALF Laugh" -- HA! -- is a good way to get the point across...Certainly less likely to get one in trouble than "Oh! You wanted me to laugh there?"
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I had a customer who came up with what they thought was a very clever comment on their part, which was, "Oh, you're still working here?" I took this offensively because I thought he meant it in a way that he thought I should not be working at ***. I gave him a frown and did not say much to him after that. Later I realized he was just trying to be funny. If we could say something back to them, I would have replied, "No sir, I don't work here. I just like to wear the work uniform, stand around at the registers, and pretend that I work here." Woulda loved to do that, but we all know how the dumbasses would take it the wrong way and go and complain on us.

Comment

The response we wish we could give to those "That was a joke" comments: "Then why wasn't it funny?"

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                      The response we wish we could give to those "That was a joke" comments: "Then why wasn't it funny?"
                      Or like Captain Carrot--

"That was a joke, by the way."
                      "Thank you for telling me that, sir."
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                        Or (from an advertising campaign for a clear sherry, many moons ago):

"Bertie: Sheer nectar Jeeves! Compared to this jolly old brown stuff, Croft's a clear winner! I say Jeeves: clear winner! That's a joke!

Jeeves: Very nearly Sir..."

Comment

Usually, customers want something to complain about if they have to wait for more than ten seconds. Watch out for those kinds. You can never please them!

Comment

Working...
                          X