X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a very long day its been

First story

Ok, so we had return guests to stay. They have stayed with us probably a dozen times and not been a problem. This time was different.

Checkout is 11 am just like in every other hotel I'm aware of. It hit 1 and knocking on the door brought "yeah, we'll be down in a minute". It hit 1:30 and "I know, we're running behind. We'll be down right away".

Finally my husband goes up at 2 pm and stands outside the room while they get their stuff to leave.

Then he goes into the room after them and comes barreling down the stairs "Are they gone yet?". Nope they were still outside the hotel loading up and he opens the front door and yells "With the damage you did to this room, don't you ever come back here or we will have you arrested".

What damage you say? Well they punched a hole through BOTH sides of the bathroom door, got makeup (or something) all over the walls and seemed to rub it in because now they have to be painted, and got some kind of brown crap ground into the carpet that housekeeping can't get out, they were also smoking pot so heavy that the whole upstairs reaks with it.

As you all know, I'm heavily allergic to pot to the point of my throat closing up so this is a HUGE problem.

We charged their credit card $250 but I don't think it will remotely cover the damages.

And bitch had the gall to smoke her pipe right in front of my husband and said "Yeah, I'm smoking pot too, want to do something about it?".

My husband had to chase them down the street to get their keys and they hummed them up his head.

Yes, they are now on the Do Not Rent list.

Second Story

Then there's the other room. They checked in yesterday.

This morning my housekeeper calls me to the room to tell me there's damage to the sink. Not the sink precisely to the bowl itself. And I mean its cracked to hell and back to the point there's a hole in it where the water is going into the vanity. They aren't in the hotel at the time so there isn't anything I can do.

They get back while I'm putting away the weekly food order, and suddenly I start hearing sounds from the room "bang bang boom BOOM BOOOOMMM!!!" And him yelling. The TV is up almost as high as it will go. There is no way in hell I'm going to that room by myself when I'm the only person in the hotel.

I called my husband and he came back from errands immediately.

They were both drunk to their gourd, and we still don't know what they were doing. They now had the DND on their door.

The room also had a weed smell to it.

However they are still with us. Not sure why.

Its been one hell of a day. Think I'm going to go to bed early.

What is it with people?

Cannabis is just like tobacco, do not smoke indoors (unless you are at your own house, I still will not smoke in my house though, I do not like the smell of old smoke). These are the type of people that make it so we can not have nice things, like a bar that lets me smoke indoors.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Would calling the police help?

Comment

The police always support the hotels. If they can get to them that is. It is mardi gras, and they are in demand everywhere without nearly the size of force they actually need. They had to bring in the national guard to help support the police this mardi gras because the force needs 1600 but has 1150 (according to a new article last month).

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
          What is it with people?

Cannabis is just like tobacco, do not smoke indoors
          One motel I stayed at on my way back from B.C. last summer/fall had a sign on the inside of the room door amplifying their "no smoking in rooms" policy. Trying to re-create it from memory:

No smoking. This means pot, hash, hot oil, sweetgrass, or anything else.

Note that tobacco is covered in the catch-all "anything else".
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            No smoking. This means pot, hash, hot oil, sweetgrass, or anything else.

Note that tobacco is covered in the catch-all "anything else".
            Hmmmm, did this rule also include various cuts of meat and sausages?

Comment

Im really wondering what happened with family #1. Why'd they go off?
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Tama, it's Mardi Gras, and they were likely drunk or high. She seemed really out of it so I'm inclined to think high.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                  She seemed really out of it so I'm inclined to think high.
                  That would explain a lot
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                  X