This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Minflick View Post
    I don't understand complaining about skid marks INSIDE a toilet. All bowels are not equal, and some people have intestinal issues/diseases/complaints that lead to soft stools, and I have NEVER seen a toilet bowl brush in any place I've ever worked in.
    Given that we're a small office of 20-odd staff, loo brushes are in every cubicle and spare loo rolls are kept under the sink. Cleaning staff only come in at the end of the day to empty bins/hoover/dust/etc.

While we're not expected to scrub the loos every time we go in them, we are expected to replace the loo roll and use the loo brush if it is required and there isn't a very good reason for not doing so (e.g. being very very ill, after which the person in question is given a lift home/to hospital).

Regardless, this may be a Brit thing; I've never worked anywhere (including in large national companies) where there wasn't a loo brush in each cubicle. Public toilets are the only exception I've seen to this due to the possibility they'll be used to vandalise the toilets.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth rapana1 View Post
      OMFG who the hell leaves used sanitary items on the floor? What revolting people you had to clean up after!
      I can beat that with a story about the garden centre public loos. Once, someone found a used tampon stuck on to the mirror over the sinks, where some subhuman had apparently flung it. There are no words.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Last summer at the theme park I work at I found a used tampon on top of a hedge that lines a pathway. Not just any on-the-outskirts pathway, either. This particular pathway leads to the biggest, most popular stadium/show in the park and gets a lot of foot traffic.

It was obviously disgusting but I was more curious as to how that tampon even got there in the first place. Did some woman really think that was the best possible time and place to remove it? Did she maybe track it in with her shoe and kick it off once she realized it was there? Maybe a bird picked it up and dropped it once it figured out it wasn't edible? Or as some of my younger coworkers said, "maybe it just fell out", which I don't think is even possible and I don't know how it would end up in the bushes even if that was the case. Who knows. All I know is that I couldn't shake the mental image of a woman stopping in the middle of the pathway in broad daylight to casually stick her hand up her skirt, pluck it out, carelessly fling it into the bushes, and then be on her merry way.

After the shows are over and the stadiums are completely clear of guests we get to cleaning and it is pretty common to find dirty diapers underneath (and sometimes even on) seats. I'll never understand why people think that is an acceptable thing to do when there are trash bins every 10 feet but sadly I've grown accustomed to it. But a used tampon hanging out in the bushes, glimmering in the hot summer sun? That was a first.

Comment

Hmmm - do British toilets flush with less water, hence more frequent skid marks, hence greater prevalence of toilet bowl brushes? (Idly wondering...)

Comment

Working...
          X