This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
    Also, if the power goes out, the electric blanket isn't a lot of help.
    No, they don't. And I have one on my bed year round (good to sleep on top of when my tendonitis flares up) that I bought during the spring at WM a couple of years ago on clearance (mine was around $25 and got a King size for Mom for $20 - and these are the PLUSH ones that are closer to 80-100 dollars regularly.)

But just in case the power does go out, I do have a cozy Vellux blanket I can throw over my bed, as well as a quilt (which usually stays folded at the end of the bed and matches my comforter set) that will help keep me toasty.

Mom swears by her sheepskin blankie and she has another one that she uses (her electric blankie is folded up right now, as she won't trust it now due to her neuropathy) that is the plushy fleece type. She'll have both of those over her and her quilt and she's quite cozy. My brother has two thick comforters that I just got him last winter (part of his Christmas last year) and an extra couple of quilts just in case.

Luckily though, we've not lost power this winter *knocks on wood* But if we do, I'm sure my brother will pick up the phone and call Dad and Stepmom to come get him.

All that aside, it's no big secret that the cold weather poured in. Planning ahead is the key. If you see winter items you know you can use on clearance (usually around early spring) jump on them quick before they get gone.

You snooze, you lose.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Loved the first story! My aunt looks after strays, and she has set up a kitty condo in her greenhouse. No electric blankets, but plenty of fluffy beds and fresh hot water bottles (carefully wrapped) three times a day

Comment

Working...
      X