This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Didn't Greet Me Last Time So Go Away

Yesterday, I went to one of the registers to bag and greeted the customer who tells me that now I say hi. She even claimed that I didn't greet her last time (even though I thought I did), that I ignored her (if I did it wasn't intentional since I try to greet any customers I get but sometimes I slip up), and I'm pretty sure I apologized. She even told me that she didn't want me near her and to go away. I went back to the desk so she wouldn't have to deal with me and spent some time cleaning the lower sections.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Persnickety old fussbudget. Well, now she has to wait for someone else to help her, since she spurned you. Too bad for her.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

These people have got to realize that something has to give. Hey, I'd love to stop and say hi to everybody and swap life stories, but so often you've got the customer rushing you, if not you've definately got pressure from the boss to keep everything going because time is money. Hey, you know what, when I've got all that on the plate, every once in a while I forget to smile and say hi to each and every person. If somebody wants to hold that against me and hold a grudge, screw them.
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
      Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Everyone makes mistakes. Even her. So if she won't accept your apology then it's no longer your problem, it's hers.

Comment

If being left to her own devices was the worst thing that happens to her that day, then she's bloody lucky!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I had a customer get all pissy with me because I didn't greet her in the way she wanted to and I didn't laugh at her WIC joke. I said hi and gave a small smile but I wasn't in a good mood. Then when I asked her to sign her first WIC check she asked if she should sign all of them and when I said no she made some joke about someone pretending to be her. When I didn't laugh with it, she got all pissy. First of all, it's not really funny to joke about WIC or liqour or things like that - I am following state and federal law and keeping my job is more important than any customer. Second, her joke wasn't funny - as is the case with 95% of customer jokes and I really am not one to fake amusement. So she kept going off on me and I finally told her that a friend of mine died. A lie but it shut her up - sort of. She said "well how am I supposed to know?" and I said "that's it, you don't know. I said hello and I'm just trying to do my job here." I got silence and catbuttface after that. Fine with me.
            Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Hate people like this! They'll find anything to moan at, and even hold grudges, which is what this one seems to have been doing.

Comment

Working...
              X