Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of the word "no" are you having trouble with?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    I blame the parents. Remember seeing children whining at parents til they say yes instead of no? This is what those children grow up as.

Luckily, our managers are of the rigid spine sort who will not give in to SCs. That's always a relief; it's so demoralising when you refuse to break a policy, then a manager does just to keep some SC happy when it would be better for all concerned to just let the SC go and bother someone else.
    It's horrible isn't it? And 9 times out of 10, the customer has this vile little smirk on their face and it makes you want to punch it right off their face.

Comment

Yeah, it's annoying. I much prefer seeing their face fall when the manager tells them no. XD The managers where I work much prefer it if the SCs go to their rivals and lose THEM money.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Yeah, it's annoying. I much prefer seeing their face fall when the manager tells them no. XD The managers where I work much prefer it if the SCs go to their rivals and lose THEM money.
        I wish more managers and corporate thought like this, the number of SC's would probably decrease dramatically!

Comment

If it were only possible, I would clone them and distribute them around the world.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

As a convenience store manager, one of my FAVORITE things is for a customer to purchase $0.35 pack of gum and pay with $100.00....and then blow their ever loving head gasket because they get the $50 their jack-ass friend used to buy a $1 lotto ticket as part of their change.

Seriously--I don't have a never ending supply of "little money" to break your large bills with. Once the safe is empty...it is gone...sort like my patience with whacka-doodle customers.

Comment

I blame the parents. Remember seeing children whining at parents til they say yes instead of no? This is what those children grow up asage into.
              Fixed that for you - kids like that get older, but they don't actually grow up.

Anyone remember the post-Dukes John Schneider song "Oh lord them good old boys are bad"? One line goes "Maybe they ain't growing up, they're only growing old" - definitely applies to SCs.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Fixed that for you - kids like that get older, but they don't actually grow up.

Anyone remember the post-Dukes John Schneider song "Oh lord them good old boys are bad"? One line goes "Maybe they ain't growing up, they're only growing old" - definitely applies to SCs.
                To put it another way-- "Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The really stupid thing about this is that there is a flipping BANK just a couple of yards away where people could get their money changed up.
                  Same with our store, but just suggest to people to walk across the parking lot to the bank. You'd think I demanded they trek through Mordor to Mount Doom to get their change!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Same with our store, but just suggest to people to walk across the parking lot to the bank. You'd think I demanded they trek through Mordor to Mount Doom to get their change!
                    One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten-thousand men could you do this. It is folly.

Walking across the street to get to the bank is nothing like this.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

We have this exact same issue at our store too now.

Management recently decided that we're not allowed to give change out of the till - something customers often ask so they can use the small change to unlock the trollies (you need a coin to unlock and use the trolley).

Yes they gave us plastic tokens to use to avoid the issue. However you still get people that want to change their big notes, just because they want small money, and throw a hissy for the sake of it when I won't do that for them. What do you want me to do? Use my jedi mind tricks to get corporate to change the rules just for you? Good luck with that. Go buy something and I'll give you change, but I can't and won't open the till draw because you want to change your 50!

Comment

All that happens is that the SC hovers annoyingly around you til you open the till to give a customer change, then the SC says, "While you've got the till open..."
                        Yup. I don't think we have an official policy on making change, but I don't open the drawer without a sale anyway (unless I did something stupid like forget some change--no-sales are tracked and we get dinged on the metrics). When giving change in large bills I will ask if they want smaller ones, but only if I know I have enough. Want to wait until the drawer is closed? Go to the desk.

During the last blizzard (last week) we had a guy wanting to change multiple $100's at a register...no. Even if I can see the bills are legit, you are not wiping out the register at 10PM. I don't care if the desk is closed, the cashier doesn't have the change...oh, you say she does? Even if that's true, how do you know anyway?
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                          I wish more managers and corporate thought like this, the number of SC's would probably decrease dramatically!
                          Yeah...too many people are under this bizarre delusion that 'Every customer is valuable, and we should do whatever we can to keep their business' !!
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Yeah...too many people are under this bizarre delusion that 'Every customer is valuable, and we should do whatever we can to keep their business' !!
                            Except these "customers" actually _cost_ you money. I wish management could differentiate between a real customer and these profit-draining pains-in-the-ass...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                              Except these "customers" actually _cost_ you money. I wish management could differentiate between a real customer and these profit-draining pains-in-the-ass...
                              I have tried and failed to explain this to the manager/owner of a pharmacy I float at.

Many of the Medicare insurance plans pay almost nothing for the prescriptions, sometimes even below our cost. And then even if we do make a slight gross profit, if we have to deliver the stuff we have to pay the delivery service, so we wind up making a net loss. We get a prescription that makes us 45 cents on paper, but if we have to pay the driver $3 to take it out to Yehupitzville, there's no point in it.

There's even one patient is always losing her meds, insisting that we send them again. He's actually gone over to her apartment on several occasions to straighten her out (she lives in a building with many older people, I don't know if it's an actual assisted-living facility or just an apartment house, and we have quite a few patients in that building so he delivers them himself rather than paying the driver per each apartment).

When I ask why he does this, he only says "She's a good customer." I try to tell him that "good customers" are the ones who make you a profit, not a loss, but he doesn't want to hear it.

Ah well, it's his money, but I would like to continue to have employment, and if he runs himself into the ground by giving away stuff, I won't have it there.

Comment

Working...
                              X