Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gym has a pool. So while no one parades around naked, there's some nakedness getting in and out of swimsuits. Everyone pretends not to notice and then we're dressed. It is never appropriate to be changing your tampon in view of a stranger. Ever. Anyone could have entered the locker room, not just the cleaning person. She jumped because she knew she shouldn't do that in public.

In the hospital, I am completely immodest as well. All the interns, residents, doctors, nurses, etc traipsing through your room. Eventually you don't care.

Comment

Thank goodness that the tampon thing was agreed that it should be done behind closed doors. I thought it was a new fad or something!
      Or maybe in some country/culture it's acceptable. IDK.
      My manager is pretty reasonable, but the gym is new so he's at the new stage where he's trying to drum up business and if a customer even complain about an employee sneezing, he'll be all over him/her like a fly on poop.
      Stupid nekkid lady....with all her hairy nakedness....*dry heave* I think she was acting like she owned the locker room, so was surprised to see me pop out (not literally).
      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Okay, I'm a guy, but I thougot I'd chime in here.

Locker room. Full nudity is perhaps not all that common, but shouldn't be unexpected. I've been fully nude in a locker room before (obviously the men's locker room), because I just don't give a shit. Hell, the only reason I don't walk around naked in my own apartment is because my roommates would object to it. Not everyone is as immodest as me, of course, but if you're in a locker room, it shouldn't be that surprising to encounter such immodesty in some people.

That. Being. Said.

Personal behavior like checking for lumps, checking your prostrate, inserting or removing a tampon, etc....that I would expect would be done more privately, in a toilet stall or shower stall, for example.

I feel the same way. Nudity just isn't a big deal to me and I'm one of those guys who walks around the locker room naked without much of a care. HOWEVER I should also mention that it is fairly common at the gym I go to. It's just one of those things I've come to expect so I really don't even notice it anymore aside from the ones who seem like they intentionally loiter around.

Like you said though, personal behavior is completely different. I see no reason why that woman would feel the need to do that out in the open and then have the nerve to complain about someone just doing their job in there. That's simply indecent. I mean, we all do things when we don't think anyone is around but there should still be some level of discretion involved at the very least.

Comment

gives GymMinion a case of industrial Mind Bleach

Comment

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
            I'm fairly "whatever" anyway, but even more so at a hospital. Last year I had a cystoscopy (camera down the urethra) and The Team (2 Nurses, 1 Anaesthetist and a Doctor) sent me behind a curtain to get changed into my fetching gown.

A thought occurred to me as I teetered in the small space, getting a shoe off, so I popped my head out.

TCTR: You're all doing my procedure?
            TEAM: Yes.
            TCTR: ALL of you?
            TEAM: Yes.
            TCTR: So you'll all be stood round watching while she shoves a camera down my willy?
            TEAM: ... Yes.
            TCTR: So why am I getting changed behind a curtain?
            TEAM: ...
            TCTR: OK, I'll get changed then <disappears back behind curtain>

Comment

She was doing what?!! Who in their right mind does that where any woman could walk around the corner and see it? Have the concept of toilet stalls passed this woman by, or is she genuinely that open about things. Regardless your manager should have backed you up. If only from hearing about the circumstances.

Comment

While reading through an online comic the taxguykarl posted, I found a gym related item pertinent to this topic.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I must be in the serious minority here.

It's a locker room. For women. I'm a woman, and so (presumably) are all the others in the locker room. I have and do walk from the shower to my locker starkers. I don't go huddle in the shower or a toilet stall to change, like my body is something to be ashamed of. I might wrap a towel around myself if I'm going to dry my hair first or something, but my boobs are big enough that unless I bring an extra large towel from home there's no way I can cover these puppies up with a gym towel. I've had women turn away while I dress but I've had plenty of other women not even bat an eye and change right along with me as we all put our big girl panties on.

I draw the line at feminine hygiene, tho. Seriously, while that's normal body functions, bodily functions are for the toilet.
                  Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                    I must be in the serious minority here.
                    Slight misunderstanding, I think; the op wasn't disgusted by the nudity (as you said, we're all girls together and it is a changing room), it was the fact that the woman was inserting a tampon in the middle of the changing room instead of in a cubicle.

I saw a lady stark naked, standing in the aisle next to the lockers, (okay this is gross part) putting a tampon in.
                    The ultra-sucky part was the woman then complaining about the op scaring her, and the MOM part was the manager then telling her off for it despite the op explaining the situation.
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

No, I got that part, and I wholeheartedly agree - it was the people who responded implying that it wasn't appropriate to be naked in the locker room at all to which I was referring.
                      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I will chime in here and say that due to serious body issues which I have had thruout my teenage years and still do have, I don't go nude in changing rooms. However, if you want to, go for it.

Once I had this girl staring at me when I was trying to get a swimsuit on without flashing the flesh (I have it down to a fine art) and I got to use the classic line of "What are you looking at?". She blushed and looked away. Yes, be free if you want but no staring please!

Back to the OP, changing sanitary towels or tampons is a behind closed doors thing. Doing that in public is totally gross.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                          [boggle]

WHO would WANT to have someone else see a tampon insertion? I cannot imagine attending to such things where anyone else might have to witness it.
                          Beats me.
                          I will never look at a woman the same way again after a part-time janitorial job I worked in an office building at night consisted of peeling their nasty, blood-soaked tampons that they discarded off the floor, some of them even stuck to the wall, and their disgusting makeup/lipstick smears on the mirrors.
                          And all for $7.50 an hour.
                          To HELL with the $575 I made each month after taxes. I made $1700 a month at the other job I currently had. After a year of this shit, I quit my job, but the nightmares still remain from that trauma I went through.

Comment

OMFG who the hell leaves used sanitary items on the floor? What revolting people you had to clean up after!
                            Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                            It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                              Beats me.
                              I will never look at a woman the same way again after a part-time janitorial job I worked in an office building at night consisted of peeling their nasty, blood-soaked tampons that they discarded off the floor, some of them even stuck to the wall, and their disgusting makeup/lipstick smears on the mirrors.
                              And all for $7.50 an hour.
                              How the hell did the managers let them get away with it? When we had the Phantom Poo-er (TM) who didn't bother to scrub away the skid marks after using the loo, HR got involved after the first couple of "please leave the loos as you'd like to find them" e-mails didn't work.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I don't understand complaining about skid marks INSIDE a toilet. All bowels are not equal, and some people have intestinal issues/diseases/complaints that lead to soft stools, and I have NEVER seen a toilet bowl brush in any place I've ever worked in. If I'm using the toilet in the manner for which it was designed, and the quality and texture of my stool is such that a little residue is left behind, well, it's unpleasant, but surely I'm not expected to reach in bare handed, with a wad of tp and clean it off?! Nor am I going to flush the toilet umpty more times to try to rinse it away - I live in droughty California, and we don't have that kind of water to use up. It's a toilet. A crapper. Even a sh!tter. I emptied my bowels into it, and sadly, some was left behind in the form of skid marks post flushing. I didn't get any outside, for Pete's sake!

And 'tampon in the aisle' woman is disgusting....

Comment

Working...
                                X