This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo suckage.

It's so minor. I was reading some stuff over in War Stories, and this is not one of them. But venting is helpful, so here it goes.

You know some days when nothing goes right? Lady comes up with a display box for an iron. She's only slightly sucky right off, just says "there's only this empty box, do you not have any?" With that tone which manages to convey condescension and mild outrage at the same time. After all, why should she have to wait in line to pick up an item? Why don't we just have dozens on the shelf for people to steal? Why would we bother to label the box "display"?

Anyway, I explain, and go off to the stock room to get it. When I get there I realize it'll take me a few minutes to get to the irons because the place is full of freight (we had to receive two trucks this week because of the holiday) and extra stuff for the remodel. There was stuff in front of the shelf the irons are on, and stuff in front of the ladder I need to get up to the irons. Heavy boxes, too. So I ask over the headset for my coworker at the cutting counter to tell the guest that we do have the iron she wants, but it will be just a minute. I continue moving things around, but don't hear a reply over the headset. I ask if she heard me, and she said "hear what?" At this point it's faster to just go out an tell the customer myself. I can't be mad too mad at my coworker, since she has a hearing problem. Still, the headsets are supposed to reduce the amount of pointless walking back and forth we have to do.

I finally get to the iron, bring it to the register, cut for a while, then go back to the stock room to fix the mess I made. When I'm back there, a manager comes back and exclaims, "you gave this lady the wrong iron!" Now the customer is saying she asked for a different model, and being a real witch about it. Well, I have the flipping box she brought me, and I gave her the model on the box. But of course, the customer left before I could shove the box in her face to prove she was the one in the wrong. And I was in the mood to do just that. If someone grabs the wrong thing, it's a mistake. Being rude about it is a choice. So yeah. All that over one item.

TL;DR
    Snotty customer, can't get to item, coworker can't hear me, customer says I messed up, manager assumes I messed up.
    Last edited by notalwaysright; 02-16-2015, 05:30 AM.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

"Well is she doesn't ask for what she wants, that's on her, not me"

Comment

Offers to share some Bailey's and decaf. Days like that just totally suck.

Comment

Is it Asshole Day or what?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
          Offers to share some Bailey's and decaf.
          I've got a new bottle of Captain Morgan Private Stock.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Is it Asshole Day or what?
            It's ALWAYS Asshole Day.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Isn't that always how it is? Customer chooses the wrong item, then blames you for her wrong choice.
              Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
              Offers to share some Bailey's and decaf.
              Quoth Dave1982 View Post
              Ooh, decisions, decisions...
              Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              It's ALWAYS Asshole Day.
              That's why we have this board!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                That's so weird, I'm not huge into hard alcohol, but I have a particular fondness for that kind.

Found out that only certain irons were on sale, and she brought me one which was not included. The one she had was nicer, and she whined enough that the manager gave her a discount anyway. I thought the manager had brought her out the right one, but it was for a different customer. *sigh* I hate everyone.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

New siggy. Excellent. XD
                  Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                  It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Working...
                  X