This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of random things.

My auto parts store has a large number of commercial accounts for various businesses that buy parts from us.
    The problem is that some of them are straight up bogus. Anyone can set up a commercial account. Discounts vary depending on the amount of money you spend with us each week. There are a few account that are "platinum", the highest level of discount, and the locals know them. Our store policy is that if you come in and say you want to put your purchase on a certain account, we do. I personally hate this. It sucks when they barely know the name of the "discount" they want to use.

We have a tax free account for the local Transit Authority that for some reason the employes think is an employee discount. I stopped that by making sure that all my people know that we have to receive a call from the repair shop telling us the Repair Order number. Also the only parts they would be getting from us are for heavy trucks, so the brakes for that Honda Civic are probably not for a MTA vehicle.
    Another one is a local trade school. Amazing how many students they have. Requiring they show their student ID slowed that down to a trickle.

I am still trying to get a system where each account needs a tax id number and a list of authorized shoppers. Doubt it will happen.

That's the problem with 'business' discounts ... unless they are fairly tightly regulated (and then you get to deal with customer bitchin') you end up with scams.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Anything that can be abused, will be sooner or later
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Either you have a huge comm program or your CSM don't care.

I only have a 2 truck but I knew my shops and who could buy with it. Putting it on the acct -nope. unless I had express ok from the shop mgr or what ever. If they came in on an odd time- nope had to get an ok unless prior ok was given. Never had a shop complain- except one till a fired mech tried to do some shit, I knew he was gone and they got onboard.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
        X