This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had ZERO sales????

So, as you may know, the Southeast US was hit with a hurricane/tropical storm this weekend. I was fortunate enough to be off on Friday, but came in on Saturday to a fustercluck.

When I pulled up our sales report for Friday, it showed ZERO sales WTF? The store was open all day and busy, but our systems were offline for about 3 hours. So, okay, I know going in that I'll have to manually enter the offline transactions. But I didn't expect this! So I call Tech Support.....

They informed me that, somehow, they don't know how, the system has put all of Friday's sales into Saturday. Okay, I can deal with that. However, they cannot fix the zero sales on Friday. So, my sales for Saturday were AMAZING yay

I can just see it now.....
    Corporate drones: well, Teefies2's store had no sales on Friday, so they must need their hours cut. Never mind that the sales figures show a 200% increase on Saturday. They *clearly* need their hours cut!

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
    Corporate drones: well, Teefies2's store had no sales on Friday, so they must need their hours cut. Never mind that the sales figures show a 200% increase on Saturday. They *clearly* need their hours cut!
    EXACTLY. This is the problem with all the companies in America, I'm convinced.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's the default solution for everything, cut payroll.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
        That's the default solution for everything, cut payroll.
        Yes, while simultaneously sending angry emails about improving customer satisfaction.

I know I've mentioned it before, but the way our budgets are calculated makes no sense. It looks at the previous year, exact. Which means if their was a big sale going on last year, but this year the sale is not running on the exact same days, we are still supposed to beat last years sales. And our particular store isn't super busy on Sundays, but I guess most stores are very busy, so our budget is always very high, and we NEVER make it. This means we start the week overspent on hours. Every week.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

^ My store in a nutshell. And we never staff for holiday weekends. They have to know there will be a few call-ins, some legit and some not. They could put extra on, but no, the DM won't let them. So I had a stomach bug and was up allll night Friday puking. I was supposed to do open-close in cafe. Not very many people know all that, so I assume it was a nightmare for them. I just couldn't. I stopped throwing up in the early morning but I shouldn't have been doing food, so I didn't. Then today the cafe girl called in--probably sick, too, as it's going around--and so cafe never got opened. I was set to come in tonight, but digestive system got iffy again this afternoon, so I called in. They begged me to come in later if I was at all feeling better. I was so I did go in. But if I hadn't they really would've been up a creek near closing. I was in line on break at the one open lane with 2 people ahead of me, 5 behind, and no way to go to service desk because of the horde there.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ooooh yeah. "Holiday" weekend+payday was Friday = call-outs a-plenty. This entire weekend has been shit.

Serving an after-church rush of customers with one service desk person and no cashiers until 2 (opener called in) is great fun. Really it is.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This, of course, leads to customer complaints about the store being understaffed. Now, does mismanagement get a clue and put on more staff? Of course not! This is all the fault of the lazy employees. So yell at them for not doing their jobs and use it as a justification to not give out raises or bonus' (not that they really need an excuse). Then threaten to fire people, which causes the good workers to put paper on the street. Then they leave and are replaced with truly horrible co-irkers.

And the circle of suck continues...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                This, of course, leads to customer complaints about the store being understaffed. Now, does mismanagement get a clue and put on more staff? Of course not! This is all the fault of the lazy employees. So yell at them for not doing their jobs and use it as a justification to not give out raises or bonus' (not that they really need an excuse). Then threaten to fire people, which causes the good workers to put paper on the street. Then they leave and are replaced with truly horrible co-irkers.

And the circle of suck continues...
                Perfect solution, take $20 million out of the payroll budget to come up with a slick advertising campaign! If you use enough smoke and mirrors, maybe customers won't notice that nobody is working!

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                  Perfect solution, take $20 million out of the payroll budget to come up with a slick advertising campaign! If you use enough smoke and mirrors, maybe customers won't notice that nobody is working!
                  Brilliant! You're hired as a Management Consultant!
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                    I can see even worse - sales figures show a 200% increase on Saturday WITHOUT using any extra payroll budget. This clearly shows that their average payroll is double what it needs to be - cutting it in half won't affect their sales.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                      I worked for a chain bridal store. In the few years I spent there, corporate took over more and more control of the day-to-day operations of the store. The manager wasn't even scheduling her own staff. I couldn't decipher what the figurehead-manager was supposed to do - be the corporate cheerleader in the store?

Comment

Working...
                      X